“Delusions of grandeur...”
Review of Milo's Hamburgers - CLOSED

Milo's Hamburgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I'm not a negative person.

I had high hopes.

I love a good story.

This is a negative review. Hopes dashed. Not a good story.

I would not normally discuss fast food places but I feel I must.

Client suggested we walk across the street and grab lunch at Milos. An institution. Sure. I love a local good burger place. After all, that's how In and Out, Flip, numerous other places got started. I read the website. Take in the history and I'm ready to go. I had high hopes.

Disgusting. Barely edible. A burger bathed in some sort of syrup BBQ sauce. Burned bun. A bizarre concoction that apparently has with stood the test of time. Do yourself a favor and don't order it.

Crinkle cut fries were decent. Special seasoning. Just ok.

Again, I had high hopes. I thought my God - an institution - maybe the next "it" in burgerdom. I was wrong.

Not good at all.

Staff was friendly and the place was very clean.

The burger was just wrong.

There are newer reviews for Milo's Hamburgers

Reviewed 27 June 2016

This restaurant was close to my hotel during a trip to Birmingham so I stopped in for lunch one day, and I was a bit disappointed. I had read the backstory online about the "secret sauce" so I had to try it out. Overall, the sauce seems to be something you love or hate, for me- it wasn't my taste. I did like the fries and the different dipping sauces. I also liked the sweet tea. I tried an apple pie to go and it was hot and fully filled, but a bit underwhelming.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Im staying at the Marriott across the street and read the reviews. Normally a 3.5 rating on Trip advisors means it's okay to visit. Well, I'm not normally over critical but I feel the need to here. I had the double cheese with bacon and fries. After walking the UAB med center all day I was hungry. I got my food and it was covered in BBQ, a couple of pickles and chopped onions. I travel for a living so I've had good and bad hamburgers. This was truly the worst burger ever. I believe they use their BBQ to cover up the burnt patties. I would not recommend going there but it is a staple of Birmingham so one negative review won't matter. If you need a burger find another place to go.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I have eaten at Milo's for over 20 years. The menu has grown considerably from the early days of just burgers. I will say that they are some of the cleanest, most consistent and friendly restaurants you will find. It is still considered fast food for sure but it will make you wonder why all the others cannot seem to do it as well as Milo's. Anyone you visit is just the same, the consistency is awesome.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Basic burgers, if you want a quick fix it's not bad and not too expensive. Had the cheeseburger and it has onions and pickles and a BBQ sauce. Hit the spot when I needed it.