“My favorite Bar-B-Que place”

Full Moon Bar-B-Que
Ranked #78 of 974 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Full Moon has a long, delicious history of great Southern-style 'que made in the time-honored, traditional way — with quality meats cooked low and slow over a hickory wood-fired pit and spiced with a mouthwatering, award-winning bar-b-que sauce. We are famous for our ribs, pork sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, loaded bbq & chicken bakers and half moon cookies.
Reviewed 12 November 2015

I am addicted to Full Moon. I have eaten at several BBQ joints around town and this is the best. I typically go once a week (at least) for a Big Baker which is their loaded Bar-B Que baked potato. On occasion, I will switch it up and order the two meat plate with pulled pork and spare ribs, which is also excellent. Whatever you choose, bring an appetite and stock up on wet-naps, you will need 'em. The food is always hot and fresh and is served quick. Budget friendly tip, drink refills are free, if you ask for them.
Lunch is always busy and if you are on the phone, the servers yelling out your order number can apparently be a little aggravating for the person on the other end. Tell them to suck it up, you are at Full Moon!

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Where ever I go, I search out the BBQ. This was down the street from the hotel, so gave it a shot.
Had the brisket, wish I hadn't. Tough as hell. Couldn't cut it with the knife. Baked beans are good. Mac and cheese, not impressed.
Gave about $20.00 for the meal with great sweet tea. I did enjoy that.
I left almost the entire meal on the plate...
Sorry, but I won't be back.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Before we had to go back to New York, we popped into the Full Moon for one last Southern Bacchanalia, and were treated to some fine barbecue. I went hog-wild (no pun intended) and had the plate with ribs & barbecued chicken. The size of the ribs was reminiscent of that scene on "The Flintstones" where Fred pedals them to the drive-in restaurant and the car hop serves up those brontosaurus-sized ribs! They were delicious, as were the fried green tomatoes. Refills of their tea (sweet or unsweet) are free. But if you happen to possess a visceral hatred for either the Auburn Tigers or the Crimson Tide (which neither of us does), you might find the decor not to your liking. However, the barbecue is so good it might mitigate all that.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

I eat here routinely and have always had excellent food. This visit, we got a bbq pork plate and a smoked turkey plate. The turkey plate was as good as always. The pork plate was good until we put sauce on it. We noticed it being very salty and narrowed it down to the sauce. The pork itself was excellent, but the sauce was too salty. Hopefully it was just a bad batch. I'll be back again to see.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I ordered the large BBQ sandwich. It cost around $7.00. Served on a nun with a dill pickle, chow chow relish, and sauce. The restaurant was clean and service was good.