“Best sauce and Ribs!!!”

Rib-it-up
Ranked #540 of 975 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I was in Bham for business and since Bham has some great BBQ places, I wanted to try it out and was very happy! It is a family owned place that has been here for over 40 years, so you know it is good.

I had some ribs, a link sausage, green beans and collard greens with cracklin cornbread muffins. It was all REALLY good!

The sauce is made in house and is something special. It is sweet and tangy combination was perfect.

I would highly recommend it. Next time I go I am going to save room for the Sock it to Me Cake!!!

1  Thank MartyHuntsville

Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

While in B-ham for the Magic City Classic asked family where I could get some good BBQ . Family recommend Rib It Up. Long story short ordered ribs, BBQ chicken , potatoe salad and collard greens. Ribs were great with that good hickory flavor. All was very good but the greens were ok. I think because they use fatback for their seasoning . I'm used to ham hocks... But I think it's a regional thing when it comes to greens. Can't wait to next years Magic City Classic to visit "Rib it Up"

Reviewed 9 October 2014

visited this place as a recommendation. I was not dissapointed. Delicious ribs dinner and potato salad. Nice dining environment. If you're in town, this is the place!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just passing through from Galveston to Toronto, Canada. We looked at a list of restaurants supplied by the hotel that we were staying in and saw Rib It Up. Having had ribs in Memphis and Houston we just had to try some Southern ribs so away we went. Following the GPS we found ourselves in a section of town filled with factories and Rib It Up on the corner. Not the greatest looking little place, but they are usually the best and Rib It Up did not disappoint at all. The drive thru was busy which told us the food must be good. Upon entering we had no idea what to order so we went basic and it was delicious. The ribs smoked perfectly, the sauce sweet and spicy. Cornbread moist and the beans were phenomenal. No idea what they do to the beans but they taste great. Too bad we didn't order a larger portion of food. The clientele was also very friendly to 2 Canadians. Talking up a storm with us. Many thanks to Rib It Up.

2  Thank forgetmenot_c
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you want real southern goodness, old school BBQ, you'll need to skip the normal Dreamland and all the other bigger names. Go to this place. It's one of those smaller places that you know the minute you see it, it's going to be good. I ordered the rib plate, with mac and cheese, and turnup greens as my sides. I also got Yams and "Sock it to me" cake. As a person who grew up in the south, I'm glad to see some places still have it.

2  Thank keatron

Been to Rib-it-up? Share your experiences!