“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Gadsden, AL
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed here with 2 adults and 3 teenage girls while we were working as volunteers at a cat show being held at the Zemora Shrine Temple. Because we were volunteering our time, we were trying to keep our expenses as low as possible. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which worked out wonderfully for the 5 of us. The 5:30 kickback served as our supper; there was baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, chili, hot dogs and a nacho bar. The breakfast was also excellent; it had oatmeal, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, a variety of cereals, waffles, toast, and donuts. There was plenty for everyone to eat and it was exactly what we would have gotten if we had stopped at a fast food restaurant and spent $10 a person. The pool and hot tub looked wonderful although we didn't go swimming because of time constraints. The gated parking was a definite plus for an added sense of security with only women traveling. i also loved the fact that right in the shower were dispensers with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. The room having a fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board and hair dryer also helped with the packing load. I know from now on, I will be looking for Drury Inn and Suites whenever we travel, and I keep asking myself what took me so long to find this hotel chain!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Showed up to the hotel before "official" check in time and they were very helpful and room was available. Large room & bathroom. Entire hotel was very clean, grounds included. great location, lots of shopping and restaurants near by. right off interstate. no charge for our pets. utilized the pool and hot tub, very nice. will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

So, it was not a good week for me. I was going to Birmingham for work and upon checking in here realized I didn't have my credit card with me. I had last used it during a layover in Houston on the way to Birmingham. So I left it or lost it somewhere in my travels. I told the girl (Laura, I think) at the front desk the last place I used it was Chili's in the IAH airport. She said she would try and call around and find it and she DID! Amazingly fast too.

Although Chili's declined to send me my credit card (policy, evidently) they put it in a safe and then were going to destroy it. Phew.

- Unbelievable service (from all employees encountered)
- Nice rooms and very clean
- Standard breakfast
- close to many dining (and shipping) options.

If I'm back in Birmingham you'll find me here. No doubt

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
GRINNELL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This Drury is pretty old school - could use updating. Staff was very friendly. 20 bucks for a rollaway was steep.....especially considering the hotel was very sparcely populated for a Christmas Eve stay. Our bill for the evening quickly bounced well over $100 Good clean breakfast area and kickback area. We always stay at Drurys when possible because of the add ons they give....and the expectation of good service and clean rooms. The beds in our room were pretty well on their last legs. We have probably stayed at 15-20 different drury hotels over the years...this one was pretty easily the most dissappointing. Tiny hot tub and I just about wiped out getting in it. It has a rather unsafe step that you do not expect. I first thought it was just me being clumsy when another person did the same thing.

Once again no issues with the service - kickback area or staff. Just dated room - and the excessive add on prices. Did not feel like a "Merry Christmas" stay because I got tacked on twice the price I expected to pay for a roll away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IowaKclan
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

If I could give this place 10 stars I would! We arrived in town around 1:00 PM and called to see if we could drop our luggage. The front desk said our room was ready! Check in was fast and done with a smile. Our rooms were huge! We booked the 2 room suite because we are traveling with 2 teenagers and it was worth every penny. The appetizers could be a meal, this is the same quality meal you would get from your frozen food aisle, but was plentiful and perfect to watch Sunday night football with. There is a Lonestar Steakhouse less than 50 yards from the restaurant if you want some "finer" dining. The breakfast was hot and better than you would get at most chain restaurants. The service was great, the room was clean, well stocked and we could not be happier.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family