Book now, pay at stay
  • Pool
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Found the hotel online and decided to stay here after we found that the rates were a decent deal. When we arrived at the hotel they refused to offer the same rate posted online stating it had expired (no expiration dates online). After some haggling my wife was able to get the price close to what was online. After all this then the hotel tries to charge us a 300 Yuan deposit for the room's key card which we were able to talk them down to 100 Yuan. The hotel room was ok with all amenities working but the room really needs an update, it gave me the feeling I was back in the 70s.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I stayed here for three days. The room was large. The beds were hard and not comfortable. Bathrooms were not up to the standards may be because of the old bath ware. The bathroom was smelly. Well not good for a longer stay. The staff was friendly and supportive. There is a good bag shop nearby and some shops which have good stuff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I stayed here for two nights. The suite was reserved for me by my tour company. It was quite a large suite, much larger than what I'm used to. There was a wood-panelled wall partition between the sitting area and the sleeping area, the partition had a large flat-screen TV mounted on a swivel, so that you had a choice of watching TV from the sitting area or from the bed. Overall the room was clean and comfortable. Air-con took a minute or two to kick in, but once it got started, it was just fine. There was complimentary bottled water, tea and instant coffee in the room, and an electric kettle. Wifi worked just fine.

Breakfast buffet was enjoyable and delicious.

Location is a little away from the Old City in the center of Luoyang, but it's basically on the same main street a mile or two to the west. If you walk down the street to the west past of couple of long blocks and stoplights, there's a fairly built-up shopping area including a Wanda Plaza shopping mall, with a variety of restaurant and fast food options.

Staff might or might not have all spoken English? They were friendly, and at least willing to give it a try.

Best experience: In the late afternoon, I asked a woman at the front desk if I could get a taxi at 7:00 pm. Yes, she said, that was no problem. I went up to the room to relax for a bit.

At 7:00, I went down to the lobby. The woman at the desk recognized me and came out to help. But, instead of a taxi waiting, she leads me out to the main street, hails a taxi for me by hand, and carefully tells the driver for me where I'd like to go (to the Old City) so that there's no misunderstandings and I wouldn't get lost. I really appreciated the extra effort!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We arrived at the Peony Hotel it was past its best and rather stuck in the past.
We had to leave early the next day so breakfast would be served early only problem was the breakfast was cooked the night before and re heated.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Our room was clean but very poorly maintained, the shower was functional. There was the smell is cigarette smock throughout the hotel, including the non smoking room. The bed was supper hard, almost unusable, the floor was considered, although it would have been to smelly. Our friends had ash in their sink although their bed was softer. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends