See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016

The hotel is located in the middle of a mountain, cross the river, is the Longmen grottoshas. It has beautiful gardens and trails. The food at the hotel restaurant was delicious and good price. The service was excellent. I lost my purse, the hotel helped me call the places I went, and found it for me.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank smilej
Reviewed 13 May 2016

While this hotel might work if it is part of an accompanied group tour, it doesn't work well for an independent traveler.

The front desk service is terrible - 15 minutes to acknowledge your presence "Are you checking in?" then another 10 minute wait.

Almost all the facilities were closed: Neither indoor nor outdoor pool were open (or even filled), the "Western" restaurant was closed, indeed I couldn't find any restaurant onsite other than the breakfast in the coffee shop.

As the hotel is behind the road barriers for the Luoyang Longmen monument, I couldn't get a taxi to come up for sightseeing and had to hike out.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank David R
Reviewed 26 September 2015

This is a 5 star government guest house. We choose it because of its proximity to Longmen Grotto, walking distance. The hotel provides free shuttle to the foot of the hill where the hotel entrance is and the local shuttle will bring you to the ticket booth for RMB5 per pax. This paid shuttle also picks visitors who park their cars in one of the several car parks for the Grotto. We walked to the ticket booth across the bridge since we were out early. However, English is limited.

The rooms are large and all the plumbing worked. The bed mattress is softer than most Chinese style mattresses. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but prices looked reasonable. Since they cook for the state guests, the chef's cooking should be of high standard. I had a non smoking room which did not smell. They turn off the aircon at 10pm. The night was cool so I left the window opened. The hotel has quiet surroundings.

The hotel is 10km from the Luoyang city or RMB70 by taxi, with some bargining you may bring it down to RMB50 from the city to hotel. Since we stayed only for a night, we went to town to try the water feast at the famous "Chen Bu Tong" restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank emster2029
Reviewed 28 September 2014

This hotel is situated across from the Longmen Grottoes. In addition to its wonderful location, the hotel was friendly and had excellent facilities, including dining and sports center. The only points that I would improve would be to hire more personnel with English skills and to extend the hours of the sports center. It now opens at 3 PM, which is inconvenient. However, these were minor and I would recommend this hotel hardily.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stanley62
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is a hotel for gov retreat so the landscape and set up is grand but the 5-star is not. The rooms are small and smokey, the bathroom is smelly, and the service is costly. The view room has a mini. charge of 99 yuan, so a cup of coffee costs 60 yuan. The problem is Luoyang is behind in it's development and there may not be a good hotel to stay at. The location next to the speed train and the Longmen Budda Carvings is great. Might worth a day trip from Xi'an but not over night. The speed train ride is 1 hour 40 mins fm Xian.

Room Tip: ask for higher up rooms, smoking, none smoking are the same
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family