All reviews rooftop bar comfy bed location is fantastic hostel street shower yangshuo bike mountains
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Showbiz came recommended and now I will do the same for others. It is in a prime location, clean, friendly staff, provides free laundry facility and a perfect place for fellow travelers to meet others to join in activities.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Don't buy plane ticket at front desk !

I buy a plane ticket from Michael at the front desk a he made a mistake. I tell him I want a plane from Beijing to Shanghaï (Pudong) and he sell me a plane ticket to Shanghaï (Hongqiao).
The Wrong airport !!!
Michael tell me " Oh I will give you a refund, BLA BLA BLA" I never see my money back and I lose 160$ US.
Very BAD SERVICES

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The good:
- The rooftop bar on 6th floor had really excellent views of the Li River and the surrounding streets
- I stayed in the dorm rooms, and it was clean and had enough hooks for clothes and towels
- Free laundry and the hot weather made for an excellent place to have a rest and clean up!
- Excellent location just behind West Street, so it's in the middle of the hustle and bustle but not too noisy.

The not-so-good:
- A message from a friend went missing and only got to me 2 hours late due to a staff's careless error (he assumed that since my friends were white, their message had to be for someone Caucasian, not Chinese). Ruined my whole day since they had to leave without me to follow the original plan to go hiking. Very bad service.
- There were only three toilets for two dorm rooms - one toilet, one shower and one toilet/shower.
- Showers suffered from lack of water pressure, possibly due to the fact they were on the 5th floor!
- Showers did not have a good system of keeping your clothes/towels from getting wet from shower spray.

Room Tip: Call and ask and book early! Y30 dorm rooms go fast for this good location.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The Showbiz Inn was in a great location, very close to West Street & the riverside with lots of shops, cafes & restaurants nearby. The staff were friendly & helpful, giving us lots of information about buses. The hostel tours were great too, especially the bamboo rafting along the river as they organised a great tour guide for us. Would happily stay at Showbiz Inn again.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed in 6bed-room for 2 days. It is a small room, yet the beds are quite nice. The location is perfect as it's just few minutes walk from West Street. However, the shower is a small drawback as sometimes at night, we couldn't get hot water for showering. The weather at night was pretty cold. The wifi was quite weak at level 4.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends