All reviews rooftop bar free laundry comfy bed excellent location great english great place to stay the river hostel dryer street shower noise yangshuo bike mountains
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We found the staff here very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed having the use of free wifi internet and there was a selection of movies and books people could borrow. They had a nice rooftop area which I am sure is a nice place to hang out during the summer months. The rooms were spacious and a great deal for the price. I would just caution those who expect to find toiletries in the room, they do have some but for sale only. We didn't mind this because we had our own but thought I would mention it just in case. The hot water was temperamental which really was a downside since it was in the middle of winter. The cleaning ladies are nice, but they would barge in at random times. I had caught a cold and was resting in my room when one came in even though I insisted that it was ok, we didn't need it, I just wanted to rest she insisted she just do a quick mop around. Not fun to deal with when all you want to do is blow your nose and get some rest. For those interested, there is also no tv...which would have come in handy for the off season. Also, my boyfriend rented a bike from them and he would not recommend it. The one he got was not in good working order. He would recommend going to a rental place where you can look at the bikes first.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destinationnation
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I have just left the Showbiz Inn within the last week and I must say I was very impressed. Great rooftop bar gives a great view of the river, location is fantastic; right near West Street sans noise. I stayed in a six bedroom dorm and it was very spacious, beds were nice and it had a private ensuite all for 30 yuan.

Rooms, location and bar was great, extra facilities available; a wonderful place to stay - much better (I felt) than its neighbour, Yangshuo 11.

Yangshuo is quite touristy, especially West Street, so there are plenty of western and chinese restaraunts nearby. Great

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Great place for quality price. VERY CLEAN.

Pros:
Clean
Comfortable
Rooftop bar with beautiful view
Good central location
Great price

Cons:
Rooftop bar isnt open in low season of winter.
Showers were cold.. catching hot water was difficult. Not recommended for winter
its great for partygoers in central village but not good for escapism and people who want to merely enjoy the scenery. in very bar friendly distrcit

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We stayed here in dorms for three days. The hostel is located off the main street with all the bars and clubs, so it is in a quiet surroundings. The dorms are at the 5th floor w/o lift, but it is worth walking the stairs anyway. The bathroom was new and very clean, and the laundry was for free. There is a rooftop bar, very nice place with great views, only if the music was loud it could've been heard in the dorms, but still it was ok. The staff was very helpful. We vere given loads of information, and even after checking out we were allowed to take shower for free and leave our baggage there. We also borrowed mountain bikes that were in a good condition (regarding it as a borrowed bike), it was very cheap (20Y/bike) and we weren't required to give deposit nor passports as we were staying there. I definitely recommend this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2010

impeccably clean, spacious great value rooms, free laundry, free breakfast, big DVD collection, book swap, lovely staff, great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple