“What an awesome experience!”

Bamboo House Resort
Ranked #19 of 449 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was my first trip to China and Yangshuo. My two adult sons and I had two rooms. The owners were fabulous at answering all our many questions, booking us tours at discount prices, etc. We rented their high quality bikes and they showed us the exact routes to follow. I have stayed all over the world and this was a great place.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Shooties

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a wonderful place! the staff are so incredibly friendly and the rooms were great! One point I would make is that, if you are travelling with another person, make sure you are very comfortable with sharing a room with them, as the bathroom and bedroom are open plan! the location is great and the building/ furniture is simply wonderful! Really wish we stayed more than one night in Yangshuo!

Room Tip: be aware that the rooms and en-suite are open plan.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike_McLoughlin
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

So we spent 590RMB on our night at this fancy B&B. The room was well heated you could stay in the Jacuzzi for hours. High tech toilet which left us puzzled for hours on how to flush?! We got the back room facing the mountains all rooms have balconies two chair and a table. The location is great 2min walk away from Western street hence away from the unnecessarily loud clubs. Ask for Anna at the front desk and they'll help u and every way possible. (And not rip u off)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rogelle B
Reviewed 3 November 2013

When checking into the Bamboo House Resort you'll be greeted by a warm and friendly smile. If the person working doesn't speak English, he/she will soon get someone who does. (Note: It's always good to know at least a few phrases from the language used in the country, but my Chinese is definitely very limited.) After a quick check-in I was taken to an impeccably clean room on the front of the hotel. Yes, the bathtub, shower, and Japanese-style commode are not walled off as in most hotels, but I found this difference to be fine. After unpacking I stretched out on the bed and discovered the best mattress since my arrival in China. The balcony definitely is a good place to 'people-watch'. The activity from the street can be heard in the room, but not so much that it disturbed my sleeping (and I go to bed early). I had breakfast there twice...delicious both days. Though the hotel really is just a five minute walk from the bus station, it was a little difficult to find so here's a tip on its location. When walking from the bus stop you'll cross two bridges. When you get to the third bridge (don't cross it), look to your right. There's a sign on the front/top of the hotel with its name. Finally, after relaxing a bit, most every traveler goes to West Street. You'll probably pay twice as much as you should because you're only paying half as much as the original price before the bargaining game started. When you realize what you've paid for all those souvenirs, come back to the Bamboo House Resort, run a hot bath, and let water in the jetted tub massage a weary body. For the price, location, and great staff, the Bamboo House Resort is a jewel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dbarnett
Reviewed 6 October 2013

As much as I liked Yangshuo itself, I liked this place as well. The rooms are rather small, but cozy and furnished pretty well. The room we stayed in (306, deluxe suit) was furnished with white furniture in French style. The most pleasant part of the interior is the hot tub.
In some rooms the bathroom is open, which is not suitable for every one..
The staff speaks decent English, friendly and helpful. No matter what you ask them about - taxi to the airport, bikes rental or some emergency case, like we had with our toddler, they are ready and eager to help you.
Pretty low prices when it comes to food there.
There's a supermarket right across the street, atm, lotsa restaurants. The hospital and a pharmacy are also nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family