“Gorgeous location, eco-friendly facility and accommodating staff”

Yangshuo Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 450 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2017

This boutique inn is located next to the Moon Hill. We were delighted by the rooftop restaurant and lounging area. A great place to meet other hotel guests while enjoying the fabulous views. We were 2 adults in a room with one very firm queen size bed (American queen size). The small bathroom had a toilet, sink and stand-up shower. The water was heated by solar power and took a while to get to the room, but we appreciate the efforts to use renewable energy in a country that does not make the environment a priority. The staff happily arranged hotel transportation and bicycle rentals. The hotel is located outside the main town and does not have dining options nearby.

Room Tip: Be sure to request airport pickup from Guilin to Yangshuo
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
UndertheMoon, Manager at Yangshuo Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Terri,
We're honored to receive such a glowing review from you as a very experienced traveler and TripAdvisor reviewer. As you noted, we strive to offer an environment where guests from around the world can meet and share experiences, either on our rooftop restaurant Luna overlooking Moon Hill or in the lobby bar by a crackling fire.
Our rooms are modest as you mentioned, as we are an authentic village house with basic amenities. We look to make up for this simplicity with world-class service, so thank you again for inspiring us in our work.
Yours truly,
Anna

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stayed in the family suite in May 2016 with 2 kids ages 10 and 8. It was low season for the hotel and we were one of few occupied rooms. The staff could not have been more lovely. They were so accommodating and kind. We loved the room, hotel grounds, and quiet location. A real gem especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Bridget,
As a top-level TripAdvisor reviewer, we couldn't be more pleased by your kind support for our work in this glowing review. Our goal at Village Inn is to give every guest a "Wow" experience at the most reasonable prices and to be the best value for money in all of Yangshuo. We're honored by your generous review and to know that you consider us a "real gem"!
We wish you all the best in your future travels :)
Gloria, Anna and the Village Inn family

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We had an outstanding stay at this property. The room was perfect for our family of 3. The attention to the environment is a real plus. But by far the most outstanding memory remains the service of the amazing staff! They were attentive, helpful, patient and kind and we loved every minute of being there! Easy access to many scenic spots, great food on the rooftop deck! Everything we hoped for!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mary,
We were so happy to have you and family with us from America this July. Your warmth and cheer left a great memory for all of us. While traveling in Chinese villages can be a challenge for foreign families, we saw how much you and your husband and daughter enjoyed seeing the countryside and all the authentic experiences Village Inn offers. We hope someday you'll be able to join us again. Until then, have a beautiful rest of the year.
Anna, Gloria, Jessica and family

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I had a two night stay at this lovely inn and this place is even better then I expected.
All the reviews I had read were about how brilliant the staff are and as I found out, this reviews are accurate.
I had actually chosen this place because it's truly Eco friendly.
You won't find plastic water bottles or mini bottles of soap, shampoos etc which is so good. These things always infuriate me when I travel and it's such a relief to see an establishment that does their best to help out planet.
Staff here can't do enough for you. I arrived midday as I found it quite difficult to find where the hotel actually was and my Chinese language skills are very mediocre and pouring rain didn't help. I had a delicious lunch in the rooftop restaurant and by the time I had eaten Gloria had a bike checked and ready for me to ride along the river.
After five hours I returned and it poured with rain again so rather than look at the local farmers establishments I had dinner up on the rooftop again. I had pasta arrabiatta and it was very good especially considering we were in China.
My last day I awoke to constant rain. It had rained all night & continued all morning which blocked the roads between Yangshuo & Guilin. Anna had guests that had to catch international flights leaving from Guilin and she managed to organise a taxi to an alternate to be able to take the train into Guilin. I tagged along as I also had to get to Guilin and I cannot say thank you enough. Anna, Jessica, Gloria & Michelle were all so, so helpful.
Wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Sam,
Thank you thank you for appreciating our commitment to sustainability here in beautiful Yangshuo. As you noted, we don't stock or use any disposable products (except toilet paper - goes in the bin) and offer guests free refillable purified water in glass bottles. Our mud brick farmhouse rooms are rustic but comfortable way to experience life in a traditional rural home, so we love to hear your praise for them.
The heavy rain while you were here resulted in some of the worst flooding in Yangshuo for over 100 years, shutting down our sister hotel on the Yulong River, Yangshuo Mountain Retreat, so we were relieved to be able to get you a taxi with other guests via back roads that were not flooded.
Considering all of this we're grateful for your support and mentioning all of us by name.
Yours faithfully,
Anna, Gloria, Jessica and Michelle

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We loved our stay, the place is charming, with lovely rooms and a rooftop terrace. The staff was the most friendly we had during our stay in China and spoke good English. Good Chinese food at the restaurant (better than their Western dishes in my opinion). We could rent bikes from the hotel.
Only drawback : I wouldn't recommend the foot and back massage, it was very painful !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends