Lock in the lowest price from these sites
CrownePlaza.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I am generally very cautious to give negative feedback but in this case it’s difficult to avoid it whatever outdoor swimming pool is amazing, lobby incredible and the size of the room huge for those with lake view. We choose this hotel to ensure a kind of level but except the receptionist who received us very well, staff doesn’t speak English so it’s very difficult to communicate. They try their best but it’s doesn’t meet the gap. The hotel is located at 103 km from Tunxi airport so you need at least 1:30 to reach it. If you have a driver instead of going directly to hotel you can visit on the way UNESCO heritage village Hongcun (unique and genuine old chinese village - 109rmb entrance fee) it takes around 1:30 to visit it. Next day we visit yellow mountains (more than 1 hour). We finally found a taxi but for the same reason of no English speaker staff it has been very difficult. Taxis seems to be very difficult to find and so you have driver practicing price you don’t really know if it’s fair or not.
Restaurant is chinese and you can eat western at the cafe Esmerald close to the lobby, but choice is quite limited. Breakfast was not included in the rate of the room and even if reception told us we can take a breakfast buffet and pay it further. Staff in the restaurant because of no speaking English were tough and we have to struggle to get the breakfast. Breakfast is mixed western / Chinese choice.
It’s a pity that an hôtel of an American chain is not able to maintain international standard level like clean and degradation of the equipment (smell was awfully bad in locker room for the men) and lot of details show that maintenance is not good at all.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SebastienHV
TracyW2583, Manager at Crowne Plaza Huangshan Taiping Lake, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.
We are very sorry that we failed to make you satisfied with our stay. We attach great importance to your feedback. We will actively strengthen the communication skills, staff and guests to adjust the breakfast type and quality, you can choose to buy breakfast when check-in room packages, hotel engineering have been update and maintenance facilities and equipment, for your proposed odor problems we have informed related departments, and the verification and improvement, bring good experience to guests is our constant pursuit. The hotel is located on taiping lake of huangshan mountain, in the middle of "two mountains and one lake" in southern anhui. Sorry for the trouble caused to you this time. Thank you for your feedback.
Marcom Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Situated close to Yellow Mountain popular tourist area, quiet and Great Lake views. The place is relatively new, many areas need to be experienced to serve better. In comparison to another Crown Plaza we just visited prior to this one, the other one is much mature and more to offer.

The staff are friendly as other Crown Plaza. May be It is now in low season for this place. The operator, domestic real estate giant, Greenland, is also the developer for those apartments and villas surrounding the hotel, most of those owner from other places and treat this as their vacation home. They are also part of the customers to this hotel using their recreational facilities and food services. Like any where in China, you always encountered some people with low moral standards. I was disgusted by a customer came into the sauna room and spit directly to the center wooden rack, where people walk on with bare foot. You also encountered with some rude customers at the breakfast buffet area.

Speaking of breakfast buffet, I have make special praise for a female service person, whose last name is quite rare in China. She is helpful, thoughtful, and cheerful.

The Chinese restaurant food is pricy and not necessary good. It kind disappointed me. One of our room’s telephone is out of order, and one of our room was not well cleaned when we checked in, the housekeeping re-do the cleaning (bathroom mainly) right away.

Good location, reasonably equipped hotel, needs more practice to smooth the operations.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This hotel has a great view of the lake and it is well maintained on the inside, sort of.
I stayed here on two occasions and I have to say I want to like this hotel but I am not sure it is safe, structurally I mean.
First the hotel outside is serious need of a paint and fix up, it really looks unsafe and for being on stilts makes me really question the safety of this hotel.
The rooms are actually really good and the amenities are nice, some need a bit of renovation on the wallpaper and mirrors but really not that bad
The staff is not trained well and the food is not that good, except the morning buffet. The dinner and lunch when we went was unbelievably poor service and untrained staff. They have no clue on how to serve westerners or even easterners really. Waited 45 minutes for dinner, room service was jsut brought to us on a sheet tray with no amenities for the food, no room service for breakfast in a hotel with a great view from the patio is not smart.
As I stated I would love to like this hotel but it just needs to be inspected for safety and have the outside renovated badly.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

My grandchildren 15 yo and I stayed here overnight before we went to Yellow Mountain. It was spacious and clean and offered good quality beds and linen.
It had a good pool although we didn't have time to use it.
The concierge services are good.
The breakfast buffet is quite ok and the croissants are really good.
The only problem we found was we left our luggage at the hotel to go to the mountain overnight and came back the next morning. We were looking for something to eat at 11am but there was very little on offer- only biscuits and limited cakes.
Would be nice to have a sandwich or some buns.
I wish I had done a day trip to the Mountain instead of an overnight stay and stayed an additional night here.
Ps. Please ensure staff in restaurants have better English!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Traveled here for a short holiday to get out of Shanghai with the missus and was overall pleased with our stay. There are many good things about this hotel--rooms are large and clean, impressive views of the lake, friendly enough staff. Just try not to schedule your trip during peak summer periods because the hotel gets crowded, and you might get frustrated with some of the clientele. This is definitely a family hotel.

Some things didn't work such as the steam room and sauna (both were not turned on during the entirety of my trip), and the in-room refrigerator was actually hot when we first entered the room. One major turn-off is the hotel charges for things that should be free such as ping-pong paddles, pool queues, and air hockey paddles. Pool queues, for example, are 88 kuai per hour. Pretty ridiculous.

I've seen people complain about the location, but personally I think the location is one of the advantages of this hotel if you are looking to get away from everything. There are so many beautiful areas in the immediate vicinity. I highly recommend renting bicycles and riding along the designated bike-path nearby. You're not really supposed to swim in the lake but I found a place during our bike ride where I jumped in for a dip and it was awesome--very clean water.

For golfers out there, Hidden Tiger Golf Course is a 40 minute drive (or 20 minute boat ride for CNY 400). I have been playing golf for almost 30 years and this is one of the finest courses I've seen. Not cheap (CNY 1180 on weekdays, CNY 1580 on weekends), but totally worth it.

Room tip: Do not get a room near the outdoor pool. It gets very loud.
Date of stay: August 2017