Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews bus station other cities huangshan mountain green tea hotel is perfect the high speed train chinese hotels hotel is located hot shower rooms are big walking stick chinese style route sticks base kfc tangkou
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2019

I normally don't write reviews but I had to for this hotel because I LOVED my one night stay at this hotel! Upon arrival, the receptionist upgraded me from a single room to a queen room free of charge, which was super spacious and included slippers, earplugs, hair dryer, a hot water kettle, and tea. Later, the receptionist provided me a map of the Huangshan mountain and drew out a route for me to follow for my next day's itinerary, complete with costs of the bus rides/ cable carts, and approximately how long it would take to get from place to place, which was really useful. Later that night, they even brought a mug of warm milk to my room! I was able to leave my luggage at the hotel since I was staying on the mountain the next day, and they offered me a walking stick and gave me a free raincoat. They also walked me to a nearby massage parlor and helped translate for me since I couldn't speak mandarin. Upon my departure, they also gave me a packet of green tea! Lastly, the location of this hotel is perfect since it is literally right next to the bus transfer station, which takes you up to the cable carts and also has buses to the high speed train station. Would definitely stay again and recommend 11/10!

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank 242sydneyh
Reviewed 5 December 2019 via mobile

ChengJin hotel
Location: 5 mins walk from the main bus station in Tangkou.
A nice small family owned hotel.
Room: good size, clean and comfortable.
Bathroom with hot shower, toiletries and hair dryer.
On the fourth floor, they have laundry machine (free washing and laundry soap), you can hang the clothes outside or use the dryer for a small fee (ask receptionist).
The owner and staff are all very friendly, they will provide advice on the best route to Huangshan, walking sticks and raincoats are even provided for free.
We didnt eat at the restaurant, as it was closed for private event (owner’s daughter got married on that day).
KFC is across the street and plenty of restaurants around.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank imbidders
Reviewed 20 November 2019

Hotel Cheng Jin Hotel in terms of services corresponds to a 4-star hotel. It is well located in ascenic spot of Huangshan in the immediate vicinity of the bus station, where buses from other cities arrive; for example, we came from Nanjing, which was very convenient for us. From the same bus station, the buses run to mountain cableways.
We booked a fairly spacious room with a very good bed. There are several such rooms in the hotel but they differ slightly in price from the standard ones: so we highly recommend it. Breakfast for such a low room price was excellent: pastries, boiled eggs, yogurt, even cheese, and very good coffee, which is rare for similar Chinese hotels.
In conclusion, we want to thank the senior hotel manager who, on the day of our departure (Saturday), drove us in his car to the nearest bank branch (free), located far enough from the hotel, where we were able to exchange currency.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Gennadiy_MK
Reviewed 22 September 2019

Chen Jin Hotel is conveniently located right behind the bus station which we used the entire time to go back and forth to the mountains, hot springs and train station.The hotel is also situated in a very friendly community where everyone is helpful, kind and you feel super safe. Our room was clean and well presented. Jack, Vita and all the other hotel staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. They spoke English and provided us with mounds of information to make our stay in Huangshan the best part of our China trip. We ate at the hotel's restaurant the entire time because it was delicious and authentic. My husband and I highly recommend staying at Cheng Jin Hotel so you too can immerse yourself with the care and attention from the most enjoyable local people. Thank you Jack, Vita ...

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 16 September 2019

My father and I (both Chinese living in the states / California - speaking fluent Mandarin Chinese and English) stayed at the Cheng-Jin hotel just a few days ago for our first visit to Huangshan, and we could not have been happier. This boutique hotel is in a perfect location, a few steps walking distance from the official Huangshan bus ticketing / transit drop-off center. As for the hotel itself, you can tell that the folks who run the place care about their customers, and pay very close attention to the details - from the front desk, to the dining/restaurant (wonderful fresh, and organic dishes from the area and also general Chinese cuisine included), to the rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our trek up to Huangshan would have been a nightmare for my 70 year-old father and I had it not been for the account manager Daniel who took the time to explain the best routes up and down the mountain, how to manage the ticketing process, how to plan our day, and all of the details associated with making the best out of our few days up on Huangshan. He took the time to sit down with us to answer all of our various and multiple questions. My father and I had actually done a lot of research on Huangshan beforehand, however, Daniel was able to provide a lot of insight into many different aspects that we either didn't fully appreciate or know about - Daniel was apparently a Huangshan tour guide in his previous life before working at the hotel, so he would know of all of the intricacies that a first time traveler to Huangshan would appreciate guidance on. Of course, the discussion was all in Chinese, so I can't comment on his English, but many of the staff seemed to be able to communicate in English as well (maybe not as fluent in English). Compared to your "typical" Chinese hotels (some of which are terrifying - even the "nicer" ones), this hotel is definitely a winner for the area it is located in (this is coming from someone who's traveled frequently around the world, staying at all types of hotels with varying accommodations and has high expectations from a Western / American perspective re hotels) - it's clean, geared more towards Western tastes and was a wonderful place to settle down for a few days after a long journey to Huangshan from elsewhere in China, and then for our last day after coming down the mountain from Huangshan. Highly, highly, recommended!! My father and I are so grateful to the staff (especially Daniel and the front desk gentleman) for the wonderful stay at Cheng-Jin hotel - if you want to stay in a nice room in a convenient location - this is the place to book!!

Date of stay: September 2019