Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2016

This hotel, about 8 kms from the centre of Tunxi and its historic old town is a very nice property. It's about a 15 rmb to take a taxi to downtown although I walked there struggling to navigate the traffic safely! But successfully!

The room I had was large, well-equipped, the bed was not too hard (sometimes an issue in China). The staff were helpful and cheerful, and the breakfasts (included in the room price) was pretty much like others I've had in Chinese hotels: a good diversity of vegetables, rice and noodles, soups, bacon and sausages, cold salads, Chinese dumplings etc.

My one gripe with the booking I had was that it was pitched as including a Qiyun Mountain package. Qiyun Mountain is one of the important Daoist mountain sites and getting in on a package visit was a real selling point for me! The "package" was really nothing of the sort.

Now I must say that I had a great day and Qiyun Mountain (a Chinese National Park) is very much worth visiting. But the hotel did not offer a package. After a bit or discussion, I ended up with a piece of paper that I was supposed to give to the park office when I arrived. How was I supposed to get there? I was to get a taxi across the street from the hotel to the central bus station, and then get a bus ticket to the Mountain. the little piece of paper also had that I wanted to go to Qiyun Mountain. So being a bit uncertain, I left the hotel., got the taxi, drove to the bus station and remarkably, was able to get a one way ticket to where I wanted to go. At the appointed time, I got on the bus with five other people and off we went. My worry at that point was, would I know where to get off?

As it turns out, the bus driver told me where to get out. It wasn't totally obvious where I was supposed to go, but eventually I found the park and found that my "package" was the park admission: transportation into the park was extra. But more worrying was the fact that I had really no idea how or where or when I could catch a bus back. That was causing a bit of stress, although the Mountain is totally beautiful and at least on the day I was there (30 Sep), it was virtually empty of tourists.

And then what happened was what you hope for when you are confused: a small group, three "europeans" and one Chinese, a group I had seen earlier, re-appeared just as I was turning around and thinking of finding my way off the mountain. The guide of this group told me how to find the bus (stand on the road and wave at them), but then said that they were heading down and I could join them. My saviours! And then it turned out they were driving right past my hotel as they were retuning to Tunxi, so there was no need for the bus at all.

But this was no "package" from the hotel... but a wonderful adventure nonetheless.

Room tip: Get a room that does not face the main street! The use of car horns is ridiculous and the street side can be noisy.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The lobby roof from this hotel looks like art from a European Country.
The rooms were very nice and clean.We stayed at several hotels and on the second last day of our Huangshan Trip we stayed at this hotel.Its also not to far away from Tunxi Old Street.For a 5 Star Hotel with Breakfast the price is reasonable.

Room tip: Higher Floors with windows for a good view of the City
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We booked this Hotel since it was pretty cheap for the rooms it offered on Ctrip. When we arrived in the huge Hotel Lobby, pretty much no one, except for two women on the reception, was there. We checked in and went to our room. The room was large with a balcony, shower and bathtub. We then decided to try out their "Western Style" Restaurant, so we went down to the lobby again. Now the weird part starts. We had to ask the women on the reception if the restaurant was open, since nobody was sitting there. After they told us yes, we sat down and ordered Chicken Masala, which was decent. We also wanted to order Cola and Water, but they had neither one. It sounds pretty normal, but when you sit in a restaurant alone which would easily hold 250 people, in a hotel where there are close to no people, but which offers a bowling lane, a snooker table and a table tennis room, then you just feel weird.
Besides that, the rooms were very good andthe staff tried to help in every way they could. The downside is that the hotel is pretty far away from Tunxi (7-8 km)

Room tip: Try to get a taxi on the street. And when you return, make sure the Taxidrivers get the right address. Wanted to drop us off too early
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The rooms were very nice at this hotel--far exceeding my expectations. The first is the lobby. The granite floors were very impressive, as were the rotunda and the ceiling paintings. A visual down the right hallway is like being in Venice. The rooms were large for Asian standards. The bathroom was excellent and had a nice glass shower and a bathtub. However, no matter which hotel I was at in China, the towels always seem to have small holes in them! There were also a small number of shops on the first floor. I wish I had made a purchase there the evening before when the shops were open, because when I checked out about 10 a.m., they were still closed. I ate breakfast there and it was quite good, including custom made omlettes.

Room tip: Some rooms have balconies.
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel certainly confused me while reviewing it. There are many positives & negatives to count before making a final analysis of this property. The lobby would shock anyone with its complete rip off of the Vatican art elements & style in a more loud form. Looks spacious and good but a close look at all things would make you realize not best quality of stuff used.
Positives
1. Great location, set in green open zone and clean air in plenty
2. Rooms are huge and nice amenities.
3. All rooms have balcony and bath has shower/tub both.
4. Landscaping and garden around the property is worth a walk.
5. They have pool, spa, recreation facility.
6. Food at buffet was fine & pricing is decent.
7. Housekeeping is good.
Negatives
1. Staff is not at all trained ,even shouting loud at Chinese
2. Some areas are not even well lit up and look very spooky.
3. The spa is huge but staff there looked like school kids running it.
4. Chinese guest at hotel are shouting all around, laughing loud, smoking everywhere on you face, even inside lifts and no courtesy of any kind. Hotel staff does not maintain any standard of a 5 star to regulate this.
5. Pool is locked, no idea why.

Good choice for those who visit Yellow Mountain.

Date of stay: June 2014