Hotels.com
StayForLong
Trip.com
Destinia.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Xigu Mountain Villa/resort for a week after a week in Shanghai Initially the area took some getting used to after the corporate type hotel of Radison Blu and intensity of Shanghai However the Xigu hotel and the hosts made the transition a lot easier and pleasurable. The hostess in particular was very pleasant and helpful She went out of her way to help with all sorts of queries we came up with. She also arranged our drivers to the various day trips and visits. Her and her husband were also great to have on side ensuring taxi drivers and the China train services didn’t take advantage of our nativity in a far away country. However, must say virtual everyone we have met has been very pleasant friendly and treated us fairly.
We were also treated to a couple of tastings of the lovely tea available and also on sale. No thanks to Donald Trump
The beds are lovely and firm and very comfortable It is also and importantly an excellent spot from which to reach the Huangshan (yellow mountain) mountain range Houngcun Ancient Village Emerald Green Valley and several other fantastic sites.
The setting is very pleasant too with lush green mountains surrounding the hotel. The Xigu villa is a little down the road from the main tourist establishments but better for it as it was rather noisey there and some tranquility is needed after a enjoyable but tiring days climbing in the mountains
Would recommend this hotel

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ieuanc2015
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

i visited huangshan mountain and stayed in this villa with my husband and 4yo son. the couple who owns this property were very accommodating and helpful in so many ways. they have an english translator app so communicating was not a worry. Zu the husband drove us back and forth to the bus station and got our cable car tickets ready. Lily the wife was warm and friendly. it felt it was home in a far away place. i cant imagine what our travel could've been if i didnt book here. we felt safe and home. thankyou

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank buffy l
Reviewed 20 January 2018

It's not that the room didn't have a heater, it's that it wasn't up to the task. At all. I actually wore all my clothes to bed. That said, when you consider the price, location, etc. not bad. So... I would not stay here in winter again.
I agree that the owner and his wife are very nice people. They charged me 30 yuan (about 5 USD) for a breakfast that was bigger than I could finish (two eggs, four pieces of bread, 2 sausages, fruit, tea). They do not speak English but were very patient with my poor Chinese. The owner told me that he has a lot of western clients and if they don't speak Chinese, he simply uses a translation app. When I booked through C-Trip, my phone number didn't go through to the owner so we were not able to text or WeChat. The phone number I received for the hotel was wrong by one digit. Here's what I got from the owner in person: 0559-558-8858. (May not need the zero depending on your phone). This communication could be pretty important if you're arriving late at night like I was (I'd like to think that if they were sure I was coming they would have started the heater earlier).
Indeed the owner did drive me to the bus station (his hotel is not at all close to it). He told me, and he drew on the map, that a particulate cable car was running and to go to it. He insisted on buying me the ticket for it and pointing out the line. He told me to hike a particular trail on the mountain (Lion Peak). Great suggestions-- only problem is: they were closed! So I had a surprise hike up the mountain when I had planned to ride the cable car to save time. He told me a different cable car was closed (it was not). In the end, it wasn't a big deal for me and I'm confident that it was an honest mistake (hey, the maps are notoriously confusing-- maybe even for locals?). My point in mentioning it is, you'd do well to double check information as to what's open and what's closed.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank comedor
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The location about 20-30 min from the cable car. The heater inside rooms not working (i booked 5rooms) so the bed & the blanket also very cold, the furniture inside the room very old, we found cockroach in one of the room, the electric water heater so dirty, no water bottle given.
The good things about the hotel are breakfast is good (pay 20yuan per person), the owner is friendly.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stayed at this lovely place for two nights in early June while visiting the Yellow Mountains. The owner was super helpful on wechat, helping us arrange transport to the hotel after our flight was delayed.
His staff offers meals, great local tea, and beer as well for a small price. You get a discount at the spa in the mountains if you sign up through him as well.
All in all we couldn't have asked for a better experience during our Huangshan visit.

Date of stay: June 2017