All reviews catch the bus recommend this hotel huangshan mountain tangkou station driver hike taxi china yuan
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

i visited huangshan mountain and stayed in this villa with my husband and 4yo son. the couple who owns this property were very accommodating and helpful in so many ways. they have an english translator app so communicating was not a worry. Zu the husband drove us back and forth to the bus station and got our cable car tickets ready. Lily the wife was warm and friendly. it felt it was home in a far away place. i cant imagine what our travel could've been if i didnt book here. we felt safe and home. thankyou

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 20 January 2018

It's not that the room didn't have a heater, it's that it wasn't up to the task. At all. I actually wore all my clothes to bed. That said, when you consider the price, location, etc. not bad. So... I would not stay here in winter again.
I agree that the owner and his wife are very nice people. They charged me 30 yuan (about 5 USD) for a breakfast that was bigger than I could finish (two eggs, four pieces of bread, 2 sausages, fruit, tea). They do not speak English but were very patient with my poor Chinese. The owner told me that he has a lot of western clients and if they don't speak Chinese, he simply uses a translation app. When I booked through C-Trip, my phone number didn't go through to the owner so we were not able to text or WeChat. The phone number I received for the hotel was wrong by one digit. Here's what I got from the owner in person: 0559-558-8858. (May not need the zero depending on your phone). This communication could be pretty important if you're arriving late at night like I was (I'd like to think that if they were sure I was coming they would have started the heater earlier).
Indeed the owner did drive me to the bus station (his hotel is not at all close to it). He told me, and he drew on the map, that a particulate cable car was running and to go to it. He insisted on buying me the ticket for it and pointing out the line. He told me to hike a particular trail on the mountain (Lion Peak). Great suggestions-- only problem is: they were closed! So I had a surprise hike up the mountain when I had planned to ride the cable car to save time. He told me a different cable car was closed (it was not). In the end, it wasn't a big deal for me and I'm confident that it was an honest mistake (hey, the maps are notoriously confusing-- maybe even for locals?). My point in mentioning it is, you'd do well to double check information as to what's open and what's closed.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The location about 20-30 min from the cable car. The heater inside rooms not working (i booked 5rooms) so the bed & the blanket also very cold, the furniture inside the room very old, we found cockroach in one of the room, the electric water heater so dirty, no water bottle given.
The good things about the hotel are breakfast is good (pay 20yuan per person), the owner is friendly.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We stayed at this lovely place for two nights in early June while visiting the Yellow Mountains. The owner was super helpful on wechat, helping us arrange transport to the hotel after our flight was delayed.
His staff offers meals, great local tea, and beer as well for a small price. You get a discount at the spa in the mountains if you sign up through him as well.
All in all we couldn't have asked for a better experience during our Huangshan visit.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoely B
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Our family had a great time staying here. The owner was super helpful in arranging things for us - even driving us to the bus depot for us to catch the bus up to the mountain & pick us up again. Everything was Lovely, very clean And comfortable. They arranged a driver service from Huangshan Train Station which took out all the stress for us. Would definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: May 2017