All reviews cable car huangshan mountain pine celestial dorm hike peak beds
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a 4 bedded & a twin room for a day stay. The twin room has added/ better amenities in the room like tap filter, bath towels, a computer & a tea set for making tea which are not available in the 4 bedded room. All the rooms has shower & shampoo, face towels, room slippers, heater. The beds are comfortable and they are pretty decent rooms in view that we are up in the mountain. The ala carte dishes we ordered for dinner were delicious. Breakfast was not so good though- the noodles like rubber bands, but porridge ok. To get to hotel, take a 10mins cable car from Yuping station. (Vs 3 hours climb up the mountain). After alighting from cable car, walk about 10-15mins (longer if you are stopping to take photos) to the hotel. The hotel is a relief sight after a steep climb up the last flight of stairs. The area outside the hotel is where the famous pine tree is & the scenery is beautiful. It is also the point where you start your hike down the mountain & up to Celestial peak. After the hike to Celestial peak & back, we had a wonderful view of sunset outside the hotel. If you don’t want to hike, the hotel location is wonderful for the view of Huangshan.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank May-Tong
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Reviews of the hotels on the mountains are not good, I booked yupinglou as I thought it is situated in one of the nicest areas (and it is). I arrived early (lunch time) and my room was luckily available. At check in desk they had staff that spoke english. I booked a room with two beds and yes it was a bit old and not to modern but comfortabel enough. Bed was good and the room even had a pc in it with (slow) internet. What a luxury. It even had a view of the mountains. But beware most rooms don't have a view.
Via a undergrund walkway you can get to the a la carte restaurant (it gets cold in the evening so convenient), mostly occupied by big groups. Only one other couple of westerners I have seen in the hotel (and not many more on the mountain!). With the help of some pictures on an iPad I ordered my food which was ok but not great. Breakfast is not very good.
I think if you stay on the mountain Yupinglou is a good place to stay. You do have sunsets from the terrace in front of hotel.
Warning, it is still about two hours to get to Baiyou and that is quite a lot of stairs to climb. and start early as it gets very busy on this route with tourists arriving with the Yuping cable car, 20 minutes away.
The Greeting Pine tree is next to the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The location is amazing, the views are great by any reasonable standard and not bad even by Huangshan's absurdly high standards. Upstairs was a pleasant lounge, acceptable muzak and occasional free tea. The dorm beds were nothing special and there wasn't any soap in the bathroom. The staff had as much English as we could expect and went out of their way to help us. Didn't use the private rooms.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We slept in de dorm and it was very convenient! After reading some reviews, I thought we are just students so one night sleeping in a bad hotel and just enjoy the view is no problem. But it was a really nice stay. I also think that the Hotel rooms will be better than the reviews will suggest because they were cultivating the hotel. The price for the dorm was quite cheap (13euro) and the employees were very kind and helpful, Thanks to Bin! However, if you have the choice when to visit de yellow mountains don't visit it during the chinese holidays/free days, then it will be very crowded.

Room tip: For a cheap stay just make a reservation for a dorm! I used ctrip to make a reservation, I could not find the hotel with booking.com
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Bartv1226
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The location of the hotel is great, so we enjoyed the views in front of the hotel very much. But it's definitely not a 4 star hotel. In november it was very very cold in the hotel, but they did not want to close e.g. the entrance door. The lobby where you could have a drink and use the internet, closed at 6.00 pm? The girls working there had to go home, they told us. So we could only sit at the couch in front of the entrance door (not allowed to close). The restaurant was also very cold, the waitresses worked with their coats on. Hardly any choice and we had to be in time (we did not know) because otherwise the restaurant was also closed. Rooms have thin walls, we could hear our neighbor snore. We won't come back in this hotel. It's a pity, because the location is great.

Date of stay: November 2013