“Nothing special ”

Ranked #37 of 138 Restaurants in Battambang
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

This is my second time at this place - beef I ordered medium was on the rare side and quite chewy. Ice cream scoop I had for dessert was half a scoop. Nice enough ambiance and staff are attentive and friendly. Will explore other places the next time I am in Battambang.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We have stayed in Battambang for over 2 months and eaten almost every where. La Villa is definitely the nicest restaurant set in a beautiful old French building. The setting is amazing with an atrium ceiling, old maps and antiques, it takes you back in time. The service is slow, as most places are here but they are very attentive. The food is top notch. I highly recommend the New Zealand Steak with pepper sauce and mashed potatoes, it's perfect!! The vegetables are even cooked perfect and crisp. The drinks are great. It's definitely more white table-cloth so not a group outing place but wonderful food!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed and breakfast was very good so i decided to have lunch .
It was a Very average meal at a high price.
On arriving ,I had the spring rolls which were crispy but had been frozen ....inside was some sort of blackish vegetable, with other unidentifiable vegetables .
The tomato and mozarella salad was ok with heaps of dry basil on top which tasted awful  .Not great in a town that prides itself on fresh produce .Wouldn't eat here again .Bread was stale ?...or lighly toasted ...either way :not fresh ....?
Pina colada juice was slimy and tasted funny, by looking at the piece if pineapple on the side of the glass I i would say it was because it had been made by a nearly rotten pineapple  .It is good to not waste food but if its nearly  off ,throw it out don't serve it to guests . Its the first pina colada in my life i didn't finish .Yuk .
Why didn't i complain? I am on holidays .I don't want dramas . if staff didn't realise /didn't care ....no point complaining .

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

La Villa is not for those who require 5 or more stars in a hotel. It is a quaint old house with the usual drawbacks such places have, especially in a third world country. But, contrary to some of the reviews we read, we found the staff delightful - very accommodating and helpful in every respect. If you love history and want some Indochine atmosphere, you will enjoy this place. We did very much.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The rooms are adequate. The staff has no idea what customer service even means. For example, last night, I returned to the hotel. I requested a glass of wine. The front desk employee looked at her phone and flat out told me that nothing was available; I was ten minutes too late. Tonight when I returned from touring all day, there were fourteen Asian men sitting in the restaurant. I asked if I could order something light. The hostess looked at her phone and said that I was too late. I pointed out that there were people still eating. She reluctantly offered to serve me spring rolls.

They just don't get it!!!

Date of visit: February 2017