See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed here for four nights, decided to hole up in VT after feeling fatigued with getting up early and going to different destinations each day. I found the hostel with difficulty, but that's down to my poor navigational skills and I should've taken advantage of the free pickup service from the train station. Anyway, the hostel is located in the Varosha quarter of VT, on a hill with winding cobbled streets. The views from the hostel are amazing, you can see the fortress and in particular the light show at night- you could hardly be better placed. The staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. The owner, Toshe ,put on a BBQ on my first night, with the rakia flowing- a memorable night. Andrew, a Welsh guy who's lived in VT for 9 years, was particularly friendly and pleasant to be around- and ranks as possibly the nicest person I've ever met. His hospitality and humour influenced my decision to stay here for four nights and I'll never forget him. The rooms were clean and the ambience of the hostel was very chilled and I have to say this was the best hostel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank mark q
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Good location in old town and can see fort and light show from the common room. Good staff. Free pick up from bus station. Dorm room is good and quite spacious. There are 2 showers which is good. The atmosphere was very nice. The staff really made special effort to make me feel welcome. Mila taught me some fab Bulgarian cooking! I am now known as the mish mash maker during my travels and it was lovely to share food, rakhia and experiences here. They could do with some more information and perhaps better maps of the surrounding areas as there are some nice eco trails nearby but it was kind of hard to find out about these but apart from that a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed at Hiker's Hostel for 2 nights. The staff is alright, one of the girls is very friendly and nice and the other is pretty negative about everything. The view from the hostel is great, beds are nothing special. They have hot water 24 hours a day and at night, the hostel is quiet which is nice (if no one is partying in the common room). To read more about my stay in Plovdiv, check out this post on my travel blog, http://www.theworldorbust.com/photos-of-the-week-plovdiv/

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Thanks for a good stay! If you want to meet nice, friendly peolple from all all over the world, the Hikers Hostel is your address!!! :-) Hope to come again one day...

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I couldn't find the Plovdiv Hikers Hostel listing, so I left this here instead.
The atmosphere is good, as well as the location in the historic part of the city (although trying to walk here with a heavy pack was not a good idea--better get a taxi, since free pick up was not offered--only available if you also booked at Hiker's Hostel at Veliko Tarnovo). There was only one bathroom for 8 dorm beds and a private room, so that makes for a hectic morning.
Free breakfast is tea, muesli, bread, jam, meat and cheese. There was also free internet in the one computer they have. The staff was friendly, but not professional. I woke up to one of the female staff having sex with someone staying at the hostel one day. The next night, the other female staff was loudly drinking with the other tourists. This hostel is good for socializing, but not for trying to get decent sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo