US$139
  • Restaurant
Pollo Resort(Nessebar)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewsanimation teamsunny beachold townpool barseparate showerteenage clubwater parkpizzasol nessebarsea viewprivate beachwater polorooms are hugeyoung familydance lessonsfamily vacationall inclusive hotel
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is billed as a five star. Look, this is not Mayfair or Dubai. It's a holiday, all inclusive five star, they are different things. That is not to say however that you won't enjoy it here. I'm on my last night. I've no real complaints, merely a couple of small observations that have stopped me giving it a perfect score. Make your own mind up if you think I'm being pedantic or not.

First impressions of the hotel reception when we arrived at 0030 hours were good. It's modern, clean and the reception staff and porters were very friendly, professional and welcoming.

The room is a very good size, clean and contemporary with fully functioning A/C and a spacious balcony. On the subject of the balcony my significant other has an issue with the term "sea view" for which we paid extra. The first floor balconies have solid barriers, as opposed the iron gates on the floors above. When you sit down, you only see your wall. Also, the sea is there, but behind the trees, which if you're on a lower floor, block your view of the bay. Take this into consideration when paying extra.

The bathroom is modern and on first inspection pleasing to the eye. There are frames where shower doors have hung but they have replaced them with curtains. I detest curtains. Horrible, mould breeding things that they are. Also because the tiles are dark, they've neglected to clean them. I've spray at home, which you just apply and leave. I was dying to use it here. I could see the black mold. It let the whole finish down. Performance wise though, a great shower! The cleaners to a great job, shower aside and seem to be at it all day. It's not a case of miss them once, that's it.

I'm not going to pass too much comment on the food. It's all inclusive fare. My significant other is an ex catering manager. She had her thoughts. Me, I'm not overly fussy. Some dishes were hits, the odd miss. But there was plenty of variety, plenty of food and plenty of desserts. I don't mind kids, but being brought in the 1970s with table etiquette courtesy of Josef Stalin, you might struggle with them running around, yes running around your table, whizzing past you when you're laden down with food or running past hot stoves. Parents need to get a grip here. It's not only annoying, it's dangerous. I've seen a few kids go flying. It's not their fault if the parents don't care but the hotel has to step in too.

Plenty of sunbeds around the pool area, contrary to some moans, towels are removed by staff if people try to reserve beds before 8am. If you're looking for a good family hotel, this is it! There is plenty for the kids to do, great event staff, a waterpark and great pools.

If children get under your feet, this isn't the place for you because the sound of discontent from them is ubiquitous. However as most of them are better behaved than I am, it doesn't bother me.

If I found myself here again, I'd happily stay in this hotel with confidence. Trip Advisor only let's me give it a 3 but my review says 3.5.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael E
Janina_SNResort, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Michael E,

Thank you very much for your visit and for your detailed and honest review.
We have discussed it in our quality meeting and have considered several tasks to do.
We wish you all the best and hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived on the 26th Aug had a very warm welcome from the staff, after check in, my wife enquired if her medical supplies had arrived, when told no panic set in. We got through the rest of the day. Next morning we went for a meet and greet with the holiday rep from Balkan Holidays, ( Galina) after the greet we told her about the wife's dilemma, we were then introduced to Janina Ninova ( quality manager) and they helped us no end with advise on our options, Once sorted we could enjoy the rest of our holiday. The staff were all very friendly and the food was of good quality, The rooms are very clean and the cleaning staff thorough in there job. Galina and Janina kept asking throughout the rest of the stay when we saw them about my wife's welfare. If there was any criticism to be made then it would be to remove the fir trees from around the pool area to allow a bit more sunlight through. The price of the safety deposit boxes in the rooms we also felt were a bit highly priced, hence the reason for sharing a deposit box with our sons but this would not put us of staying at such a great place again. The wife would like me to mention that the swimming pool water was very cold and we have never stayed anywhere where this has been the case, it was coming to the close of season, perhaps a little bit of heat to the water would make swimming more enjoyable. We also felt that the entertainment wasn't the best but they did try.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear stumpy42,

Thank you for your visit, feedback and nice words about all of us!
Thank you also for your promise to stay "at such a great place again"!

Best wishes and ... see you soon again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Last year this hotel was really pleasant surprise, this year it was pure pleasure to stay at the hotel. As last year everything was clean and very well organized. Maybe the dishes in the restaurant were a bit repetitive, but we loved the abundance of fruits and the friendly staff. Lots of activities for the kids and for the in-laws. Our park view room was relatively quiet and calm.
I'd only wish the cocktails weren't that "watery" and some music at the Embarcadero Bar and at the gelateria booth. Elevators might be a bit of pain in "rush hour", since only three elevators are clearly not enough for such a big hotel.
Looking forward to another visit in 2018.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VladimirovR

Dear VladimirovR,

Thank you for choosing us again, as well as for your review on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback regarding music is taken into consideration, thank you. As per the cocktails - every bartender would br glad to create a cocktail as per your personal desire :)

Wishing you all the best and lLooking forward to another visit in 2018,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is our second time here. As we sit waiting to get picked up to fly home. I have made the Mrs book again for next year. Nipping clean lovely staff and fantastic service.
Bulgaria is a great place with lovely people and I would highly recommend the Palace to anyone.
Sad to leave but can't wait to get back here next year
Thanks to all the staff for a fab time

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank G7ONL
Janina_SNResort, Qualty Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear G7ONL,

Thank you for your second visit, as well as for your feedback, posted while waiting to get picked up to fly home.
Thank you for booking us for next year!
We are so happy to read about our "lovely staff and fantastic service", about our home country, which really "is a great place with lovely people"!
Your comment "Sad to leave" is the best evaluation ever!

All the best and till next summer!

Warmest regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We travelled here on the assurance from the travel agent that this hotel was perfect for a couples getaway. How wrong they were.

The hotel is nice, simple - not quite the 4/5 it's rated as.

The pool area is nice but the sun beds are so packed in that you're practically sat on the person next to you. There aren't anywhere near enough sun beds and it turns into a daily war if you're not up at the crack of dawn!

There is simply nowhere to escape for time in the company of adults - the kids are everywhere. If you have a family - it is a great hotel.

The food is boring and edible but nothing to write home about.

Overall, I'd say, if you're a family - great place. Loud, noisy, lots of hustle and bustle.

If you're an adult wanting to relax - steer clear.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple