See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is a good option when having meetings at UNICAMP. This was my second time at this hotel. I'm not an experienced traveler in Brazil, but I find the area very safe and there are good options for eating around.
The hotel is basic, but clean. Internet is working well. I only had the breakfast at the hotel. Again rather basic selection, but if you like cake for breakfast there are new options every day.
Overall I find it good value for the money.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Philippe P, Gerente geral at Matiz Barao Geraldo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Mr. Hjdk15,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We believe that it is only possible to improve our service by listening to the client´s comments.

We are glad to know that our Hotel was a good option for your stay and we work hard every day to always give our clients services of quality with very good cost/benefit.

We hope to see you soon again in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I stayed here for three nights in August 2016. Considering the price and location, I was fairly happy with the hotel. The rooms are simple, but clean and well kept. It was comfortable enough, considering I was staying at the University the whole day and only needed the hotel at night. Staff was nice, breakfast was okay. The only real problem was the noise. Whenever a neighbor decided to have a shower or open a tap, a screeching, high-pitched noise sounded inside the walls! Steps and bumps from neighboring rooms sounded as if they were in my own room. I am a heavy sleeper, so it only bothered me for a few hours, but I can see a light sleeper having a hard time here.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Philippe P, Gerente geral at Matiz Barao Geraldo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for let us know about your expirience at our Hotel. We try everyday to improve our service and your comments are very important in this process.

We are glad to know that your stay was nice and pleasent. We work very hard to give our guests the best experience in our Hotel.

Regarding your observation about the noise, this is the first time we have comments about this matter. This Hotel was constructed with real walls made of blocks of concrete and we do not have drywalls betwenn the rooms. But we will check what could make the noises inside the wall as you mentioned.

Thank you again for your comments a for the opportunity of your contact and we hope to see you soon in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Was booked into this hotel by my hosts and was very happy with it and the service I received from staff. All were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast but did not try other meals here. Coffee with breakfast was OK but you can order an extra espresso or some such if you need an extra kick!
Rooms were well made up, clean and air conditioned (not too noisy). They contain a safe, fridge, TV as well as the obvious. Shower was great and bed was firm and comfortable. WiFi was not ultra fast but was good enough for Netflix! My room was at the back so relatively quiet but it also had a door (lockable of course) to the adjoining room that was not very sound proof. The main disturbance was the neighbour watching loud TV. I countered with loud Netflix! Not sure if all rooms are like this.
I'd be very happy to stay here again. The area was safe enough in day light hours to go for a run and 1 km away is the university fitness area (public I think - at least I used it) with a small running path/track, basketball courts, small 5-a-side football pitch etc. Also a lake in the botanical garden nearby that you can run around but I didn't manage to get there - next time maybe.

Room tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door (unless you need one that is) as it will probably be quieter.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Philippe P, Gerente geral at Matiz Barao Geraldo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Estimated guest,

First of all thank you for your feedback and comments about your experience at Hotel Matiz Barão Geraldo. We believe that in only possible to improve our services when listening the opinion of our guests.

We are very happy that your stay was good and everything was satisfatory. We work hard every day to always offer a good experience to our clients.

Once again thank you for the opportunity of your contact and we hope that we can see you in a near future.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 4 May 2016

If your interest in Campinas is temporary visit to UNICAMP, this hotel may be a good choice. Rooms are spartan, air condition and bathroom are OK, nothing is fancy but breakfast and room service are adequate. Price is satisfactory, easy taxi access.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Philippe P, Gerente geral at Matiz Barao Geraldo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words about the expirience that you had at our Hotel. Is good to hear that our job and dedication to our clients and guests were recognized by you.

We will keep trying to always improve our meals and services.

Wish you all the best,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2016

We found this a comfortable hotel for the UniCamp area of Campinas. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast was fresh with nice variety. When travel brings us this way, we would happily stay here again.

Room tip: Choose a room on the even numbered side to avoid the road noise
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philippe P, Gerente geral at Matiz Barao Geraldo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Mr Tedd,

First of all thank you for your time writing your experience in our hotel. We believe that is only possible to improve our service when we hear our guests.

We are happy to know that all went well and that you had a good time in our Hotel Matiz Barão Geraldo.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Best regards.