See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2015

What can I say? The hotel itself wasn't too bad but dropped the ball on a few important issues that made the stay a bit of a major let down.

Staff were very friendly to begin with but when it came to us leaving it was a major issue. We requested in advance to have a taxi collect us. Failed to do so and then I had to wake up the receptionist who argued with us when he arranged his friend to come in an overpriced luxury vehicle. Said there were no taxis in the area but we booked one ourselves which caused a lot of tension and arguments. We cancelled ours and went to airport but was charged only a normal taxi fare to airport.

Now back to the hotel. The room wasn't bad, it was a decent size that had a bed on the softer side which was a bit of a change. However was comfortable and I was able to get a very comfortable sleep. Bathroom was not large or small and a decent shower that got too steamy afterwards so shave, brush teeth etc. before showering!

WiFi was provided HOWEVER, they had massive issues with it. All floors you could connect but no WiFi access, only the reception floor had working WiFi. They said there was a technician coming but we were there for 3 days and obviously there was no one coming to fix the WiFi. Unfortunate we had to be up against the door to get access or stay downstairs which was severely inconvenient.

Besides this the hotel is near a nice selection of bars, pubs, restaurants and other places of interest. Bus station is just across the road so access to the rest of the city was incredibly easy!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I spend a few days of Christmas vacation here with my cousins. When we arrived they had both of our reservations but had written down that neither of us paid.... but we both had emails that both of us paid. After us arguing with the receptionist for 30 minutes she pulls out an envelope and finds documentation that my cousins paid.... okay. They never found mine. I had to pay that night to be let in. Either expedia or Hotel Hola messed up with mine because it turns out that I was never charged... another problem that caused us to waste time.

The hotel is in a good location, easy walking distance from a lot of nice areas but far enough away that its quiet and night and not as expensive. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The only slight annoyance is that my husband asked for 2 more pillows since theirs were paper thin. The woman only could find one. The next morning all the doors were open to the other rooms and there were tons of pillows in those rooms, the empty rooms. So there doesn't seem to be much over achievement for the guests.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christy D
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice new and clean hotel... right in the centre of town... close to bars, clubs and restaurants.. the staff speak english and were very helpful.. internet only in the foyer..main bus station across the road so great for getting to the beaches and sites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Well located hotel close to bus station, restaurants, bars and shops. Rooms are very clean with air con and fridge but no hair dryer or safe.The staff speak English but were not all that friendly or helpful. It has a pool but doesn't seem to have a filter and had a lot of dead bugs in it. They also don't like you using the towels for the pool but they don't give you any for the pool. Breakfast is not too bad.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Located right across quiet street from bus station which is convenient to travel to the beaches and downtown. Staff was extremely helpful,especially Luri who would help me with my Portuguese and tell me all of the good places to go on the island. Good free breakfast and nice pool

• Stayed: January 2012