6 people are viewing this hotel
US$124
US$124
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$105
PricelineUS$113
Hotels.comUS$124
getaroom.comUS$125
1,492 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2020

Good morning!

First of all, I want to let you know that I'm okay,

I could not fail to evaluate my stay in this Hotel, since my arrival the person at the door of the Hotel a friendliness and joy in welcoming me, the receptionist, storage staff and etc, with all these controls for Covid-19, I was impressed with the structure in the service as a whole in the hotel facilities, people working happily even with all this context and above all safely , I did a brief reading in the evaluations I observed tbm people questioning the stay of people in quarantine, may God protect them because she does not know how much and difficult for people facing this virus, imagine the receptionists who need their jobs and have to be living with it all the time, but life that follows. What matters to me and that the Hotel be to be congratulated with all its security structure and its employees with how to treat their guests, even knowing that we are in a recovery process to covid-19, I recommend and hope soon to be able to enjoy these facilities in another way, whether on vacation or a romantic party , my heartfelt thank you to all who are part of this WONDERFUL team.

My sincere thanks.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank marcioandreyoliveid
Reviewed 1 August 2020

Positive

Great Location, you are relatively close to everything in walking distance. There is a pharmacy next door, as well as a bakery that has outstanding quality.

The rooms are clean and spacious. One of the big pros for me is that there are no carpets, which is a big plus. It avoids any unpleasant smells.

Negative

Unfortunately, there are a lot more negative comments rather than positive ones. My family and I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt, but due to Covid-19, the hotel was temporarily closed. We were left with no other option but to give this hotel a try.

I want to emphasize that this hotel has the potential to be a 4 or 5-star hotel if adjustments are made. Nonetheless, this hotel should be a 3 star.

On the first day of arrival, we had wifi. However, on the 2 day of our stay, we no longer had wifi. We contacted the reception desk, and the girls in counter said they were having issues with their wifi due to their guest capacity?!?!?!?!?!?! really? This is a hotel that shouldn't even be an issue. We are in 2020 in 2020 even McDonalds has a reliable WIFI however, Windsor Marapendi did not. After a few days the "Partial Wifi" was back up, I mean partial because the wifi was only available in the lobby. Just writing this review baffles me with their lack of proper and basic preparation and administration. Wifi was not available during our entire 9-day stay. We stayed on the 13th floor, and again I repeat no wifi in the room. I had to go down to the lobby so I could log in to my laptop to work. How inconvenient and above all this, not one apology and acknowledgment of their lack of proper planning from the hotel, and they didn't even move a finger to make matters right with this nuisance. There was a lack of responsibility and care from the hotel. All they would say is that they are working on it.

The hotel charges for the use of an adapter. It's 50 real. Although it's nothing if you convert it to USD, all hotels allow you to borrow an adapter if needed. Especially one that has no wifi. (forgive me, but I can't get over this wifi issue)

Breakfast is free, which is a nice thing (especially for a hotel with no wifi), but it's mediocre, your best off going out for breakfast you will have a much better experience.

Blowdryer is obsolete. Suppose you want to dry your hair, good luck. Bring your blowdryer. In my case, I had to go out and buy one during my stay.

The Reception desk crew needs a complete revamp on professionalism and Customer Service. If you are trying to be a high-end hotel ( Which this hotel is not), Customer service is everything you guest needs to feel welcomed and feel like their needs is cared for regardless of how little or big their needs are.

Windsor Marapendi, you have great potential if the criticism is taken and executed for them not to happen again in the future with other guests. You need major improvement. You should be rated as a 2 star if that. Holiday inn is a 5 star compared to you, and Holiday inns are usually the bottom of the barrel.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Renata A
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

We loved our stay here at Windsor Marapendi. We appreciated the fact that the tour agency hadn’t made the payment to the hotel - and yet, they treated us nicely, respectfully, letting us check in and helped us to solve the problem. Throughout the weekend, we enjoyed the comfortable rooms, delicious food, pool, sauna, and a great beach service as well. I hope we can come back to stay with them. Top of the line lodging!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandre Esmeraldo, Gerente geral at Windsor Marapendi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Windsor Marapendi in Rio de Janeiro!

Please be sure your comments are going to be on record in order to provide you a better experience on an early future.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon in an early future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

During our 3-day stay, our 10-year had a dehydration causing extreme Fever of 40.4C
While the travelers health insurance Assist Card could not be reached from the room, I called the front desk, Mr. Bruno, who connected me to Assist Card Brazil in 1-2 minutes. The hotel has also a Pharmacy Service, handling the call for ordering the prescription and receiving whatever is needed in the shortest possible time at the hotel.
This is my second stay at the Windsor Marapendi. While the quality of the hotel and breakfast was already known to me, the front desk service in case of an emergency was definitely 5-Star level.
Thank you Mr. Bruno for your outstanding assistance and help.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sigfriedk2015
Alexandre E, Team Windsor Marapendi at Windsor Marapendi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure to have you staying at Windsor Marapendi!

Thank you for your compliments and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in an early future.

Kindest Regards,
Windsor Marapendi Team

Reviewed 8 February 2020

all from staff are friendly. room service was top. large selection of dishes at breakfast, for our stay of three nights, but if you stay longer, than it should be more varied. service at the beach was very well.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alexandre E, Team Windsor Marapendi at Windsor Marapendi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear guest,

It was wonderful having you stay with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back, soon!

Marapendi Team