Lowest prices for your stay
US$79
Free cancellation until 03/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$86
PricelineUS$79
Hotels.comUS$86
Hotel WebsiteUS$100
1,218 results
All reviews vila gale beautiful pool rooms are great recommend staying here great shower spacious room lapa mariana district nightlife rio uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2021

We live near Rio, if we are going out for a night in Rio or taking Friends out this is where we stay! We book two rooms, One for us one for the nanny and children ! Spend the day by the beautiful pool, then walk the 5 minutes to the centre of Lapa in the evening! Its a fairly "adult" hotel, but its suits us because of the location and the babies love the pool ! I would recommend staying here one or two nights to experience the nightlife, Spanish steps and the local vibe ! Breakfast is good but the "oasis" factor is the big deal ! Downsides, checkin can be slow, but they promise me they are working on that, and for the price which is an absolute bargain most of the time makes this a no brainer ! The rooms by the pool are perfect and worth the little extra, the staff are great! I stay here once a month and cant recommend it highly enough ! Of course you get what you pay for, there is no parking, and it can get busy, but as someone who stays in hotels a lot, I recommend this as literally an oasis in the centre of the party district ! And its great value for money !

Room tip: Get one by the pool !
Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank NickGodliman60
Vila Galé Hotéis, Proprietário at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Dear Mr. Nick,
We would like to thank you for having honored Vila Galé Rio de Janeiro as well as your willingness to write some comments about your stay. There are not many guests who pass the return of their stay to the management, thus allowing us to take training and qualification actions for our employees.
Your assessment leaves the entire team motivated to do more and better each. I thank you on behalf of everyone.
Thank you for your preference and we hope to see you soon at one of Vila Galé hotels in Brazil or Portugal.

Reviewed 25 December 2020

We've had the most relaxing and luxurious 2 1/2-week stay at the beautiful Vila Gale in Lapa. Everything met our expectations. From the spacious room, with a good mattress and a great shower to the beautiful outdoor environment (including the biggest, cleanest & warmest pool we've swum in in Rio), impeccable cleanliness throughout the hotel and the delicious breakfast buffet, to the gracious service by all hotel attendants - what a great team you are!!!
Among those, were Mariana, Glaucio and Favio.Nothing was too much for them, and they bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. Thank you, everyone! We will spread the word and can't wait to return!!

Room tip: Stay in the tower - it's new!
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank Amy Y
Vila Galé Hotéis, Proprietário at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Dear Mr. Amy,
Regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

One of the finest hotels i have stayed in rio de janeiro.. the staff right from the front desk to my room was outstanding.. specially want to mention few names.. which i encounter during my stay "Mrs Antonia took care of us at breakfast" thanks her for the great service. Must visit in rio..

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yogimder
Vila Galé Hotéis, Proprietário at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Dear,
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

This was my second stay at this lovely classic hotel. This time I booked a room in the old part of the hotel. It’s was spacious with lovely views of the pool area. I would suggest you book an upstairs room as you have more privacy and can leave your windows open. The WiFi was super fast and the room was cleaned really well each day. The main reason for staying again at this hotel is to spend time relaxing at the beautiful pool area. There were over 50 loungers with cushions and a great pool bar. Pool towels are available. The breakfast is really good, with a chef making eggs to your choice.

My only complaints would be the extra charges they tried to charge me for tips. When I refused they told me it was optional. I suggest the hotel stop this policy as it causes unhappy guests.

I have never seen the large bar open this after 2 stays at the hotel.

I would return to this hidden gem as it has old world charms.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GrayRex
VilaGaleHotels, Gerente geral at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2020

Dear Guest, we are extremely grateful to share your experience with you. It is a satisfaction for us to receive or receive feedback from our guests, through you, we can create products and services that positively serve all of our customers. We hope to return - the briefs in any of the units that are not in Brazil and Portugal "Always close to you!" With our compliments.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Can’t think of any faults for this place. As a resident of Rio, this is my new ‘weekend away’ city pad. Spacious, super clean rooms, excellent breakfast with omelette station & Prosecco (!), central location.. the highlight beyond all this is the central pool area & the friendly staff. Oh & it’s a fraction of the price of beach area hotels (an Uber to the beach from here is maybe $4). Good bars & restaurants in the area too.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Thalassophile1971
VilaGaleHotels, Gerente at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Client, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Vila Galé Rio de Janeiro. Sincerely,