“Great bed&breakfast! Lugar singular!”
Review of Casa 579

and 1 more site!
Casa 579
Ranked #68 of 343 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff is outstanding! Helpful and friendly. Kudos too Sole, Natalie and Chelsea. They helped making I regret of staying for only 2 days .

I stayed on Eustacio room, which is 5 persons beds. I cannot recomend it if you are not able to sleep with a bit of noisy.

Even the water system working can wake you up. A lot of barking on neighbourhood too. But it is a very confy & cozy room.

I meet amazing roomies despite the short period of time. The communal bathroom is very good. Has electry shower and is well cleaned on daily basis.

Here another thing that make this hostel very special. It is on a top of the hill. Be prepared to take the right bus ( 507) and for another to get on copacana for example. It is 2 bus almost for everything. Be prepared also to do some walking and escalade if you follow googlemaps instructions like me.

The breakfast is excellent for the price. Is beyond average the experience I have had in hostels. Some of them are cake homemade, juice and customized boiled eggs. Had also fresh bread, as 3 types of fresh fruits.

1 st Suggestion for the staff: It would be fantastic if a bit of simple breakfast ( eg fresh fruits) were available before 8 am. Here I had to choose to enjoy the morning out or eat the breakfast between 8-10.

The highlights of this hostel could be resumed on 2 words. Awesome landscape and unique culture atmosphere. The terrace with hammocks and accomdations with the view to Sugar Loaf and Cristo Redentor is unbelievable. Here one suggestion to the staff.

2nd suggestion : I can not understand why the terrace is supposed to be close on the sunset. I understand the quiet time rule, but a rule beyond that is the Sun rule. The nature is very noisy after 6 am! I hope they change this. After some kind of breaking in it is a fact: Sunset view on the terrace is craaazy unbelievable.

About the atmosphere on the hostel is all about the idea of communal staying. Nice people of all around the world gathered in the same place , and joined by the activities suggested by the great staff members and by the structure itself of the place.

Thank you Casa 579 and staff for this unique experience! I hope be back soon.

Tiago.

Room Tip: I think the private room is an excelent option if you want more silence.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our last night after two weeks in Rio - honestly the best view anywhere. The rooftop terrace is lovely, the location is quiet, the staff are really friendly and helpful. Only negative is it is hard to find, we were lucky to have a helpful taxi driver but it would be worth printing out a map with it marked or taking detailed directions. Otherwise, lovely, friendly, comfortable, and beautiful!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Casa579, The Team at Casa 579 at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the view and our lovely terrace.
The house is located in a beautiful area of the city with incredible views.
The staff works very hard to give the best service to our guests, trying to help with everything they need and also taking care of our space to make the stay very comfortable; so we are always happy to read that you found us friendly and helpful.
As we like our guest to have a wonderful experience from the arrival, we can give any information needed to be able to arrive without any trouble.
Many thanks for your lovely comment.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I loved this place. The staff were awesome and had great tips for places to visit, to eat, to party, ... As if they would like to go to, very mainstream I loved it. It was clean and spacious. On the roof terrace you had the most beautiful view of Rio. The breakfast was great, not to mention their juices and the cake! Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Casa579, General Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we're pleased to hear you loved staying with us....our mission was accomplished! It was a pleasure to have you with us and to be able to help you get the most out of your time in Rio...we hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This place was glorious. After a 30 hour journey I would have taken a nap right there on top of my suitcase in the middle of Rio but when I reached Casa 579 all I could do was stare at the incredible view from our room's balcony. The room was clean and spacious, having a hammock to relax in and soak up the sights and sounds of the city from a chilled vantage point was a real treat and eased my friend and I into the craziness of Rio. We stayed an extra couple of nights it was so good and recommended friends who also stayed there a few weeks later. It's not in the centre of town but the taxis are pretty cheap and the buses go right by the door. It was really, really hot when we were there due to it being peak summer and my only thing I would say is, if you're not used to the heat you might want to stay somewhere with A/C. Breakfast was fresh and delicious, a new freshly made in-house fruit juice every morning. The staff were so helpful and friendly and I'd stay there again in a flash.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelW_travels
Casa579, General Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your review and it's great to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy Rio by staying at Casa 579. We also really appreciate you recommending us to your friends, that is a great compliment! Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Rio and at Casa 579 in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. There's a beautiful view of downtown rio on both sides of the road, and there's a magnificent balcony upstairs.
The breakfast was really good, with plenty of freshly-made fruit juices and a tasty cake.
Transport to the centre is actually pretty good, using cheap buses and the metro.
The staff were all very interesting, most of them volunteering in the nearby community centre. Thanks Luis for letting me have a go on your drums!
So in summary, a quiet, attractive house, well-connected for its apparent remoteness, and a good value hostel.

Casa579, Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for the review Sam, it was a pleasure to have you at Casa 579 and we're really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and getting involved. All the best and we hope to see you again sometime!