US$301
  • Beachfront
US$230
US$192
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$118
US$236
US$228
Sofitel
  • Beachfront
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$338
US$237
MGallery
  • Pool
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$563
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I loved this place. The staff were awesome and had great tips for places to visit, to eat, to party, ... As if they would like to go to, very mainstream I loved it. It was clean and spacious. On the roof terrace you had the most beautiful view of Rio. The breakfast was great, not to mention their juices and the cake! Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Casa579, General Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we're pleased to hear you loved staying with us....our mission was accomplished! It was a pleasure to have you with us and to be able to help you get the most out of your time in Rio...we hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This place was glorious. After a 30 hour journey I would have taken a nap right there on top of my suitcase in the middle of Rio but when I reached Casa 579 all I could do was stare at the incredible view from our room's balcony. The room was clean and spacious, having a hammock to relax in and soak up the sights and sounds of the city from a chilled vantage point was a real treat and eased my friend and I into the craziness of Rio. We stayed an extra couple of nights it was so good and recommended friends who also stayed there a few weeks later. It's not in the centre of town but the taxis are pretty cheap and the buses go right by the door. It was really, really hot when we were there due to it being peak summer and my only thing I would say is, if you're not used to the heat you might want to stay somewhere with A/C. Breakfast was fresh and delicious, a new freshly made in-house fruit juice every morning. The staff were so helpful and friendly and I'd stay there again in a flash.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelW_travels
Casa579, General Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your review and it's great to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy Rio by staying at Casa 579. We also really appreciate you recommending us to your friends, that is a great compliment! Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Rio and at Casa 579 in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. There's a beautiful view of downtown rio on both sides of the road, and there's a magnificent balcony upstairs.
The breakfast was really good, with plenty of freshly-made fruit juices and a tasty cake.
Transport to the centre is actually pretty good, using cheap buses and the metro.
The staff were all very interesting, most of them volunteering in the nearby community centre. Thanks Luis for letting me have a go on your drums!
So in summary, a quiet, attractive house, well-connected for its apparent remoteness, and a good value hostel.

Casa579, Manager at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for the review Sam, it was a pleasure to have you at Casa 579 and we're really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and getting involved. All the best and we hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great place, wonderful view over Rio and a lovely area to stay longer. good bus connection into the city and very helpful stuff. From the guesthouse you can walk up the christ statue. Wonderful safe way.
The breakfast is amazing, fresh cake and sometimes there are monkeys at the window starring at you, the room is big and very clean.- can't wait to come back :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Casa579, The team at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Many thanks for your stay and leaving such a lovely review. It’s great to hear that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed the walk up to Christ and our breakfast. We’d love to see you again if you are ever able to come back.

Kindest regards and safe travels.

Kiri and the team at Casa 579.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at Casa 579! I can't say enough about how great it was. Every person on staff was amazingly helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable, as well as answered our many questions. It was also a lot of unbundling to sit around and chat with member of the staff...they are all great! The breakfast was a highlight - not only was the food great and the coffee strong, but the view was unbeatable. Pictures can't do it justice! It is a bit removed from the craziness of Rio, but that's exactly what we were looking for - and public transportation is cheap and easy to navigate.

The only thing to keep in mind is how open-aired this location is. Though I always felt completely secure, there were a few nights during our stay that the noise from barking dogs or parties in the area kept me awake (I'm a very light sleeper). This would not stop me from staying here again or recommending this location to someone else, but it's just something to be aware of!

Thanks for a great week in Rio and hope to be back one day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa M
Casa579, The team at Casa 579, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We’d like to thank you for your stay and for your review. It was great having you here and we’d love to have you back any day. Our cook will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and a cup of her strong and tasty coffee to start the day and we’re all happy to hear that you were well looked after and that it was easy to get around.

We wish we could do something about the outside noise but we can definitely assure anyone that it’s a lot quieter in Santa Teresa than in most other suburbs of Rio.

Thanks again and if you ever make it back to Rio you already have your home away from home.

Kiri and the team at Casa 579.