8 people are viewing this hotel
US$478
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
US$483
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$411
Free cancellation until 25/05/22
Hotels.comUS$478
PricelineUS$483
HurbUS$502
1,836 results
All reviews ipanema beach rooftop pool pool staff sea view concierge team amazing hotel gero rio brazil luxury marcus paulo
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2021

Recently visited Hotel Fasano during our stay in Rio. An excellent hotel. Rooms were comfortable, quiet with great bathroom and shower. Pool was amazing, with great views of Ipanema beach, and a great way to spend an afternoon or any down time. All staff were absolutely exquisite and helpful. Breakfast was delicious as well. Would stay here agaain.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 3 December 2021

I promised my new friends at the Hotel Fasano a review after my second trip to Rio and their fine hotel. I am happy that I waited until my third trip to the Fasano to honor my promise.

In my opinion, the Hotel Fasano in Ipanema beach in Rio de Janeiro is the best hotel I have ever experienced, as they prioritize every luxury detail of your stay. The front desk staff and security is second to none, and the management should be proud of the consistency and detail of their operation. All of the departments of the hotel work in unison to cater to your every need to desire. From the world class concierge team to the 24 room service, to the incredible roof top pool, it is truly a fantastic hotel.

During my most recent stay, I was fortunate to stay in their finest suite room 607, which is the most extraordinary hotel room I have ever stayed in outside of any hotel funded by a casino. The bedding and the bathrooms and the house keeping turn down services are exquisite, and the balconies opening onto the beach and life guard stand #8 with iconic views of The mountains to the right, it is a view and sight that never grows old. The sunsets from the balcony and from the rooftop pool are incredible. The spa and the retsu4ant is also just as good as the rest. I am told there are other great hotels in Rio like the Copa Cabana Palace, but for me there is only 1 hotel I will stay, and it is the Fasano.

See you on my next Rio adventure!

Frank A, Your friends from New York

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2021

The hotel is located in a good and safe neighborhood, where you can walk along the beach and in the nearby shopping streets. The view form the rooftop pol is very nice.

The breakfast was ok with various fruits and breads, in particular cakes and sweet pastries. Unfortunately there was no lactose free milk.

However, the hotel shows its age and there are several things not working properly anymore (elevator, room has many spots that are used and look shabby, many doors in the cabinets do not close properly anymore etc. - the hotel needs soon a renovation.

But the worst aspect for me was the lack of service. The hotel has a focus on style and not on service. They ask you to send them the shoe size in order to provide you with the havaianas in your size, but when you arrive the size is completely wrong. they ask you to send them a copy of your passport, but then you have to give them a copy again at check in. Front desk and breakfast staff are not friendly, you enter the hotel and nobody greets you, if you want a taxi you actively have to ask them.
There were no Kleenex in my room, there was a empty beer bottle in my fridge and a lamp was not working, an empty laundry bag was left for days in my room - all this means poor room maintenance.

The concierge was very nice and friendly, he helped me to organize some things, job well done, thanks.

I highlighted these issues to the management and they were really nice to me. However I told them that for me that hotel is far below expectations and does not correspond to a leading hotel.

Hopefully they will improve the service level, then it could be a nice place to stay a few days in Rio.

1  Thank TandTSwitzerland
Reviewed 8 November 2021 via mobile

Many famous people have enjoyed their stay at the Fasano, and for a good reason. The location is superbe, the layout very beautiful. But there is more:
We have found out that one does not need to be a celebrity to feel like and be treated as one when staying here.
At any moment in the day, the staff is there with only one focus: generate the very best experience for the guests!
At breakfast, we got the very personal treatment, could try long-forgotten fruits, sample juices and just found the care exceptional.
At the concierge, the staff took care to guide us to places in town and even the room service had a personal touch.
The ocean view room was simply stunning and the balcony difficult to leave…. We could have spent the entire day there seeing life go by.
Even at the beach the attention for detail was there together with a personal connection.
Over all we found that at this place offers the very best of the very best without the fake smiles and the formality that some other places confuse with quality.
A very big thank you to Igor, Juliana and everyone else at the Fasano who made this one of the most memorable hotel experiences we have had.
We will do all we can to come back!
Your ordinary and extraordinary grateful clients.

Room tip: Try to book a sea view room. It makes the difference.
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

I used to live in Rio and even whilst there was a frequent guest at the hotel, it’s restaurant and pool. Although I know various other branches of Fasano Hotels, the Rio hotel has a special place in my heart. It is THE BEST ! Strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to. Stay there and be pampered to death.
José Thomáz Rio Branco Nabuco de Gouvea