Lowest prices for your stay
US$160
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
PricelineUS$160
Hotels.comUS$160
HurbUS$168
All reviews two blocks fine hotel excellent breakfast leblon rio
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at Promenade Palladium for the 5th time, dating back to 2007. This remains my hotel of choice whenever visiting Rio.

First, let me tell you what the Palladium is not—it is not a beachfront Hotel, nor is it a full service tourist hotel (no gift shop, no full fledged bar or fancy restaurant).

However, it feels more like a home—as if you are staying in a fairly modern Airbnb condo rental in the heart of Leblon, especially if you stay in one of their suites.

The location is hard to beat—only 2-3 blocks from the ocean on a beautiful tree lined street (Av. General Artigas) and only one block from restaurants and shops on Av Ataulfo de Paiva or only 3 blocks from popular Rua Dias Ferreira (“Restaurant Row). Leblon is one of the most upscale and safest neighborhoods in all of Rio.

The rooms remain fairly modern by Rio standards with AC and cable television (including some English speaking channels). A great and healthy breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal, fresh cooked eggs, exotic fruit juices and more is included in your rate. They have a small gym that should be updated and a small pool that is often not utilized.

The front desk staff duals as concierge and they were all extremely helpful. Not all, but enough, speak English and they were most accommodating when I had a minor issue with my assigned room. Special call out to Tamires and Lucas on this visit for their help.

I definitely look forward to staying here again during my next return visit to Rio.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
EquipePromenade, Comercial at Promenade Palladium, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Mr. Elchevere,
Thank you for choosing to stay on the Promenade hotels. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback from our guests. We will share your compliment with our staff, seeking to motivate them to keep our guests' experience even better.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The most important thing is... just 2 blocks from the beach!

Arriving at the hotel I was greeted in English by the receptionist who got me to my room effortlessly and reminded me that my room was pre-paid. He told me he was not confident with his English, which I found funny, because it was very, very good.

Our room was a second floor double bed with a balcony overlooking the street. It was adequate if unspectacular. For the money we paid, it included everything we needed. The WiFi was always strong.

Countless restaurants were within walking distance, and the neighborhood was safe and friendly. Ubers were abundant in the area, meaning that sites too distant to walk to were easily accessible.

The breakfast was typical for a Brazilian restaurant. They did rotate the juices from day to day, and the variety of Brazilian fruit was nice. Most of the rest of the buffet stayed the same throughout the stay. The many cakes were a nice touch.

I used the fitness center, which consisted of a weightlifting machine and several cardio machines. It wasn't spectacular, but it was poolside and uncrowded, so I was able to get what I needed without a lot of hassle and with no waiting.

The staff was helpful with advice on area locations and with securing a taxi to Santo Dumont upon checkout. All of them spoke English as well as the receptionist had.

I'd recommend this hotel for a quick few days in Rio de Janeiro.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Wahoo,
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Leblon is Rio's fanciest and safest area, and in the middle of it sits Promenade Palladium. This is a report on my third one-week visit over five years. There is good news and bad news. This modern hotel offers just about everything for a busy traveler. The beds are great, the rooms have balconies and are well kept. There is a great wifi, but the rooms lack a water heater and the front desk refuses to provide hot water. Breakfast is very good but not up to international standards. Still no cappuccino---the machine that was broken three years ago still is. No personalized egg service, or raw salmon, or kefir.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
EquipePromenade, Comercial at Promenade Palladium, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Mrs.,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Promenade Palladium!
We always strive to make our guests' experience even better. All the comments made are analyzed and taken into consideration and it is through them that we can improve and adapt our products and services. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again.

Regards,
Team Promenade Hotels & Aparts

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Best thing about this hotel is its location in safe Leblon.Turn left and you’re 2 blocks from the beach.Turn right and you’re 1 block from street with shops and lots of places to eat.Staff were helpful.There is a mall within walking distance and a metro station a few blocks away. Breakfast surprisingly v.nice.Rooms so so and cld do with being updated but you haven’t come to Rio to stay in your room.
If you want to be in an upmarket,good safe area but at an economical price this hotel is worth a look.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank olufunlolaf
EquipePromenade, Comercial at Promenade Palladium, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear olufunlolaf,
Thank you for choosing to stay on the Promenade network.
It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback from our guests. We'll share your praise and feedback on the things that can be improved with our staff, seeking to motivate them to keep our guests' experience even better. If you have any further questions, we are here to help. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This apartment/hotel has a wonderful, safe location in a family-type neighborhood filled with great restaurants, groceries and drug stores. They feature a beautiful breakfast buffet (you don't need lunch after eating here) and lovely pool. The rooms are spacious, modern and have fridges so you can stock up on water. There's even a nice balcony to enjoy if the weather is cool.

Room tip: They will hold your luggage after check in or out
Date of stay: December 2017