See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at Apa for two nights. It is in a perfect location not only to Copacabana beach but to plenty of shops and restaurants ideal for anything you might need. The area felt safe and easily to find your way around. The rooms are clean and equipped with all the necessities (though I do find the tiled walls slightly suffocating in the humidity). The staff are excellent and make you feel like you're in a 5 star, they were always at hand to help me decide where to go, eat, how to get ere etc.... Will definitely be checking in again next time im in Rio. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Amoona82
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Simple!!
Room smell was disgusting. I couldn't even breath. Staff is absolutely unkind. I can't believe tripadvisor's review is good. I bet if you stay in this hotel your vacation be destroyed.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Traveler_brasil
Reviewed 27 February 2012

A very functional room in a good location. This hotel had everything we needed and was a short walk to Copacabana beach and the Metro. The room was clean, the water pressure was good, the AC worked well, it had a fridge and a safe, and was very spacious. The staff was helpful (though some were friendlier than others) and we were very happy with the breakfast. It was much cheaper than nearby hotels that are right on the beach. But the room hasn't been renovated in some time. It's not a luxury hotel by any means. There wasn't a lock on the window and the balcony door lock was flimsy (though we felt pretty safe).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wind41
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here during carnival 2012. Contrary to other reviews I did not find the hotel ugly or particularly run down. It is basic, clean and the service is good. Convenient location and nice surroundings. Morning staff is friendly and helpful, evening staff less so. Breakfast was adequate. Considering I was there for carnival I got an extremely good rate compared to other similar hotels .I would definitely stay there again. I don't believe in spending outrageous amounts for a place to stay because I'm usually out enjoying myself. I need a safe, clean, and efficient hotel when I travel and this one fits the bill

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hblu2
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Having read many reviews, I finally picked this hotel as the best prices for the money. It is old, ugly, and worn down, but clean. There is wireless that works most of the time and free breakfast. It is two blocks from the beautiful Copacabana beach, and a couple blocks from the metro.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple