1,059 results
All reviews copacabana beach great location two single beds pushed together clothes hangers worn out front facing balcony overlooking the beach on a daily basis beds were comfortable front desk staff buffet breakfast nice breakfast rio avenida taxi doorman cleaners
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I liked this hotel very much. It's right in front of the Copacabana beach and it was not expensive. The interior is a little bit outdated as other visitors pointed out, but who cares? It was still nice. Bellboys were very nice and helpful, so was most of the staff at the reception.
We had the room with the balcony (Deluxe or something it was named) and I highly recommend to book that one as well!! The experience would not have been the same without it, we could sit outside all evening and watch the ocean - perfect!
Breakfast was ok with fresh fruits and bread - what I was missing is a toaster. Due to the humid climate it was not possible to have crispy bread anywhere in Rio (or at least we didn't find any)
What we didn't like was the dinner, my pasta sauce did not taste very good and my partners fish was a little dry. There is definitely room for improvement there. Anyway, I can definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RippinKittin86
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Comfortable rooms with a excellent service from its bellboys who are friendly, speak good english and readily offer advice on safety and food. They also place alot of emphasis on security and careful in allowing people to enter the hotel.
The beds are comfortable and the stay is very enjoyable. i like the interior design of the hotel and appreciates its history. the building has apparently been around since the 1940s!
Hotel is located just in front of Copacabana Beach and 2 minutes walk away from souvenir shops and restaurants.
Breakfast is good and hearty.
However I ordered burgers from the hotel restaurant for lunch and think it s only average.

Room Tip: choose the rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2016

The staff were top notch. The location is great. Copacabana is not quite as busy as Ipanema which we liked, but the water is cleaner at Ipanema for swimming. Pay the extra for the beachfront view; we upgraded and it was totally worth it. Free breakfast buffet is awesome; no problems with the food/water at this hotel. No concerns with the safety of our personal belongings. We could hear our neighbors but we turned the air on at night which did drown out the noise. Helped to make for a wonderful vacation.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Location is perfect if ones really like a beach. Copacabana beach is just in the opposite and ones can rent chair & umbrella with reasonable price.
Nothing special about the hotel, rather than the location. It was a bit run down and we can see it is aged.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this wonderful hotel last week. After this there is nowhere else I would rather stay in Rio.

I happened upon this hotel by chance and it is a choice I am glad I made. The staff were amazing. Spoke perfect english, friendly and always on hand when we needed any help. Especially the younger guy who worked at the door but name escapes me.

We arrived on Saturday evening after a long cross Atlantic flight and were treated to a lovely sea view room. Waking up to the Copacabana every morning was priceless.

The room was large and the beds comfortable. Also, breakfast in the foyer is a wonderful touch. The large windows and exquisite minimalistic decor make for a relaxing breakfast.

Will be staying here again when I'm next in Rio.

Mubarak