18 people are viewing this hotel
Sheraton.comUS$171
PricelineUS$171
TraveluroUS$184
2,426 results
All reviews private beach tennis courts bene restaurant casa da ipanema beach club level pool area free shuttle top floor concierge desk an upgrade hotel is great ocean view leblon etoile cachaca rio
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2022 via mobile

This property is one that should be avoided if holding Marriott Bonvoy elite status as it’s completely disregarded here and staff, even management, have a very limited understanding of the program. After being ignored via the chat application I was informed by night manager Luiz Claudio Araujo that I should not be talking to the hotel directly and that I need to call Marriott Bonvoy and have them speak to the hotel if I “want an upgrade”. He’s a rude and arrogant and made out like we’re demanding something for nothing, when this is what 100+ nights a year and $20,000 spend with Marriott provides, the loyalty to one brand comes with these benefits, it’s an entitlement. If you behaved in an upfront and honest manner ahead of my arrival this could all have been avoided and I could have simply stayed elsewhere!!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor

At the Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort we pride ourselves on offering personalized service at the highest standards in special for all our Elite Members.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me by e-mail: anderson.azevedo@sheraton.com

I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 2 January 2022

I am writing this review while waiting for my room to be ready. In total we will have stayed at the Sheraton Rio for 13 nights. Initially, we were planning to stay for 8 nights at the Sheraton and 5 nights at the JW Marriott. However, midway through our stay we decided not to go to the JW Marriott and extend our stay at the Sheraton if we could get an ocean view. The Front of House staff member confirmed it would be possible and that we could change from our partial ocean view room to the room we wanted at 13.00h.

At 13.00h we went to reception to settle our bill and get the keys for our new room. After a 20-30 minute wait in the queue, we were told we could settle our bill but could not go to our new room and to return in 1-1.5hrs. At 15.00h we queued up again and was told by the same person that the room was still not ready as it needed to be checked by a supervisor. No real apology or offer of a complimentary drink while we were waiting. Just a simple we will email you to let you know when it is ready.

As a platinum member, I could have requested a late checkout and stayed in our original room, which is what I would have done had I known the wait for my room would be this long. We have not been able to do much at all while waiting as everything is packed in our cases and we have not even been given a room number so cannot really use any of the hotel facilities.

I am very disappointed as this is not the level of service I would expect from the Sheraton or any of the hotels within the Marriott group. If you see my previous reviews of Marriot group hotels, you will see that they praise the exceptionally high standards. However, it is sad to say that although some of the staff have been exceptional, this is just one of a few issues I have encountered that has been somewhat disappointing (the others to be outlined in the Marriott customer survey). And, after spending so much money during this 13-day stay I now regret not going with my initial plan and moving to the JW Marriott. I would have been able to check in to my room by now.

I am not sure how the Sheraton can charge for a room that should have been available at 13.00h, which I was originally told, or at the very latest 15.00h which is the standard check-in time. It is now 17.15h and I still have not received an email to let me know my room is ready so I will return to Reception for the THIRD time to see if my room is ready.

Do I feel like a valued Platinum member who has spent a great deal of money at the Sheraton? What do you think?

Room tip: The Ocean View Rooms are most definitely the best
2  Thank yvertd
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2022

Dear Yvert,

On behalf of Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, please kindly accept my sincerest apologies for not providing you with the highest standard of hospitality during your stay.

I'm happy that I could speak in person with you in order to try restore your confidence in the Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty and choosing to stay with us.

We hope you have an exquisite stay and do not hesitate to let us know what we can do to ensure a flawless and memorable stay.

Reviewed 23 December 2021

The breakfast crew were extremely rude, acting like their were pissed off and we were bothering them if we ask for the cups or any silverware. We are a big family and they set the tables for two so every morning we had to ask for cups and silverware and they either didn't answer or I had to run inside to get them myself.
We were in shock that Sheraton would have people with that kind of attitude working there. We've been to Sheraton Barra and Sheratons all over the world and this is the first time we get so disappointed with some of their services.
The food and all the other restaurantes staff, front desk, bell man, manager, room services, pool services were spot on.
On times like this I am sure that Sheraton can find people who really appreciate their jobs and know that the guests are the ones who pays their salaries.

Date of stay: December 2021
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2021

Dear Patricia,

On behalf of Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, please kindly accept my sincerest apologies for not providing you with the highest standard of hospitality on your recent visit.

I look forward to restore your confidence in the Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort.

Reviewed 22 December 2021 via mobile

The hotel is nice , clean , staff is helpful. The pool is always warm. The drinks are great maracuya caipirinha my favorite. We didn’t try the Italian or French restaurant but we went 3 times to the one by the pool at night. The best part for us was the tennis courts and they have a great tennis pro ( Sylvio) to take some clinics .

Room tip: The hote is walking distance to Leblon, the hotel has bicycles for free if not Uber is really cheap.
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2021 via mobile

There’s a saying you became picky as you age. I can’t deny that. But the service you get on Sheraton can be so terrible that even a gorgeous beach view can compensate it. Overly priced (prepare to pay USD 2.2 for a bottle of water) and terrible services with tasteless food certainly can surprise you.
Room are definitely fine and the swimming pool can be as crowded as you can imagine (which is fine).
If you kids get hungry before 12:30 that could be a problem as restaurant only opens at this time.
In a nutshell: nice hotel, terrible service and food.

Room tip: The solution for the bad and overly priced food is to order ifood. They deliver it quickly and for affordable prices
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lgustavov
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2021

Dear Gustavo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

With my sincere regards,