14 people are viewing this hotel
US$403
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$400
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
travelup.com
US$375
Hotels.comUS$406
PricelineUS$403
Trip.comUS$429
4,362 results
All reviews pergula restaurant iconic hotel poolside restaurant pool area pool service turn down service concierge desk hotel guests ocean view breakfast buffet is mee cipriani suite pergola luxury rio copacabana
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2022

Incredible experience of 6 nights at the amazing copacabana palace. We had an ocean view room extremely comfortable and specious with a superb breakfast in the morning. All in all it was a perfect holiday

Date of stay: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ulisses Marreiros, Gerente geral at Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2022

Dear giobisignani,

Thank you very much for the wonderful message. I could notice the compliments to our accommodation and breakfast.

With best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2022

Difficult to review before hand. But very much looking forward to spending NYE 2022 prior to boarding our Viking cruise a few days later. Very much in hopes as a guest of the hotel I will be allowd to purchase a table for 10 for myself and 4 other couples in our groupt to the Extrvaganza. Arrive 6:30am on 12/31, and have fingers crossed for an early check in to relax a bit before the big night. Also would like to up-grade from what Viking booked, but told that is up to Viking. Had hoped I could work it out direct with the hotel and pay extra.. Currently awaiting responses from both Viking and the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the message, but the content might demonstrate that you are referring to other company.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2022

still the best hotel in Rio de Janeiro, but... lets Compare: the Fasano is overpriced for rooms the size of a closet and very noisy .. the Fairmont has great , friendly service, but is like being in a cruise ship . the Copacabana palace is still the best of his class...BUT!... the worst service you can expect from this kind of place. i have been in many Belmond places in the world, most perfect.and so why is this is one run like a road motel.??? plain to see that the old staff , is still very friendly and helpful , charming and personable. and trying their best...the new staff , specially on the front desk , could not be more rude, cold, and worst of all erratic and innefficient. also a hotel of this type , that does not have a real concierge??? or a real airport transfert? really??? , they try to do with a improvised one. not always succesfully. Forget about room service. they are visibly and painfully slow , erratic and understaffed. i stayed in this place many times thru the years, and the charm that still still holds comes from the personable service coming from the few old timers , it seems. Once they go , it will be just another old palace gone to think of in the past tense.

Date of stay: March 2022
2  Thank ParisBrunetti
Ulisses Marreiros, Gerente geral at Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

Dear ParisBrunetti,

Thank you for visiting our property and for your review.

We love to listen to our guests and never sit on laurels of the past, always striving for more and better. We have an intensive and non-stop training schedule, but have to say that I was concerned about your comments about our lobby and room service staff and their respective performances.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any service failure or miscommunication. We do have a concierge service, apart from a guest relations service, who are professionally trained to organize your itineraries, so I am quite surprised by your comments.

As we would like to further improve our services, I kindly ask for your cooperation in using our official communication channels on our website in the 'contact us' section, with further details so we could verify carefully and act to correct what is necessary.

Once again many thanks for your contribution and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2022

Very good hostel, short of being a palace but also cheaper than a palace.
overall great experience in part due to hostel managment but also to the natural kindness of Brazilian people attending there.

Date of stay: April 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ulisses Marreiros, Gerente geral at Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Dear drfOntaine,

I would like to convey my sincere gratitude after reading your outstanding impressions, regarding your recent stay with us.

I could notice the compliments addressed to our team!

Best regards and come back soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

I came to this hotel with my partner and several school friends for the Easter weekend. Generally this hotel really lived up to its name.

Rooms were excellent value - generous sizes and elegant with lovely gifts.

We had several problems with concierge making silly mistakes with our reservations, but were placated by how seriously the manager took our complaint; he was very generous with his time and made sure things were right.

Spa was excellent value - and my manicure lasted a week! Therapists were also very quick and thorough.

Food was varied and generally excellent. Cipriani was wonderful and well worth visiting.

Generally, the standard of English spoken by staff was much better than I’ve seen elsewhere in 5 star hotels in Brazil.

The atmosphere of the entire place was really exciting.

I doubt there is a better place to stay in Rio.

Room tip: Cipriani was better than Mee
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ulisses Marreiros, Gerente geral at Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2022

Dear JoannaRoberts123,

On behalf of our teams, I would really like to thank you for submitting your impressive testimony.

I could see that we exceeded your expectations, as exemplified by the praise for our cuisine (mention to Ristorante Hotel Cipriani), Spa and the communication of our staff.

Regarding the Concierge, we apologize for any inconvenience but are glad it was resolved.

And indeed Easter, like various festive periods, is emblematic of our hotel.

Best wishes and come back soon!