7 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$182
PricelineUS$168
HurbUS$187
3,926 results
All reviews rooftop pool fourth floor breakfast buffet the executive lounge an amazing view excellent location high floor sugar loaf beach front pools concierge copacabana rio renato umbrellas brazil corcovado
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2022

3 hours waiting for check-in, drunk people partying in a lobby, while staying needed reparatures of noisy A/C, reparature approach room system - get youself ready for not working room-cards. Compensation for inconveniences? = 170 BRL...LOL!
Ho(s)tel for backpackers.

Room tip: Choose another hotel, there are planty with front beach location.
Date of stay: January 2022
Alina Arroyo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear Guest,
Were are deeply sorry to know about your negative experience with us. We will be working hard in the points reported regarding the service and the maintenance issues in order to offer a better service to all our guest. Sorry for the negative impression caused and thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 January 2022

They know how to treat a DiamondHH member. They really make you feel special. Upgrade, champagne in the room (NYE special.) Special thanks to Priscilla and the entire reception team.I highly recommend this property with a perfect location in Copacabana.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your feedback and for the compliment to Priscilla and the Front Desk team. We are delight to know that you enjoyed your experience with us. See you next time!

Reviewed 4 January 2022 via mobile

Do not stay here - nothing like UK/US Hilton and nothing for Hilton Honours members.

First of all, no service at all on the way in for Gold or Diamond members.

The other reviews mention blatantly lying to customers on the front desk about availability of benefits and I have to confirm this absolutely happens.

The room reservation line tired to sell my a suite of which they had over 5 available. They said the front desk could also upgrade me a diamond member if there was one available on arrival.

When I arrived, the manager (who was just awful and called Phillipe) told me that there were no suites available. I told him that the app showed he had multiple suites. He said he had none available.

I asked him if I could book a suite right now on the app and he said there was none available at the moment. I asked when they would be and he said he didn’t know.

He then said all he could do was give a standard none suite room. I asked him if he was lying about the room availability and he refused to answer me.

Philips then said he had multiple guests and would be back in a moment.

Phillipe then left us for 35 minutes and didn’t return.

It was the worst experience I have ever had in any Hilton hotel. Do not stay here.

Philips in particular was an absolutely appalling manager.

There is another Hilton in Rio which is brand new and much nicer in terms of rooms and service. I would recommend you try the other hotel. This one is not worth the hassle or the money.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gwr124

Dear Guest,
Were are deeply sorry to know about your negative experience with us. We will be working hard in the points reported in order to offer a better service to all our guest. We offered you a triple upgrade since you booked and standard room and we offered an ocean front room. We regret to know that this was not enough to make you feel welcome and cared. Sorry for the negative impression caused and thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2022

Got an amazing view from the 33th floor of the Copacabana beach and Cristo Redentor. Truly amazing! Breakfast was good, especially loved the many fresh fruits available, especially the big passion fruits. There are too many cakes though and too little ”real food” in my opinion. I missed bacon on there. For sure a 5 star property and an international big brand hotel like Hilton needs to have bacon on their breakfast? Loved the juice machine where you could squeeze your own juice. The line for the omelette/tapioca station needs to be improved. You had to wait a long time in line even if you just wanted the chef to make a 15 second job with making a tapioca, waiting for everyone who requested several multi item omelettes which took a long time to make. My suggestion would be to separate the tapioca station so guests could make their own tapioca to avoid the long and unjustified lines for tapioca eaters. Most breakfast waiters were very friendly and some of them even remembered my drink choice every morning.
My room wasnt ready even though the check in time was 3pm and when it finally was ready no one told me about it so I had to stand in the long line to front desk like a fool. This could have been handled better by the hotel. The lobby was too cool in temperature. The hotel looks modern on the outside but is actually very outdated on the inside. The pool on the 4th floor was closed during my 1 week stay which was a disappointment. The view from the top deck pool was amazing but it was a very hard task of securing a sun bed due to many selfish guests almost having moved their homes to the sunbeds. Then they left their towels and belongings there but were nowhere to be seen around the pool area. This needs to get handled better by the hotel staff in the future. My suggestion here would be to be able to book the sunbeds instead of finders keepers and that they can only be booked for a certain interval. Stayed at the Rio Othon too in a top suite and I actually liked the Hilton much better overall.

Room tip: Book a room with Copacabana view, you wont regret it!

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your feedback. We are delight to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we will be working in your suggestions in order to offer a better service to all our guest. See you next time!

Reviewed 4 January 2022

This old building must have been marvelled at in the 70's but now she is just sad. After LeMeridien and Windsor Hotels gave up on her, the new owners managed to sign a management contract with Hilton - don't know how?
The present manager cashes in on location and the Hilton name but the Hilton promises ("Clean-Stay"/"Make it right"/ "We are honoured") are being disregarded. The rooms are old, showing signs of wear and our supposed "suite" is no bigger than a standard king in proper Hiltons.
The GM's absence and staunch refusal to communicate with her guests show that the numbers are most important and -sadly- reflects in the attitude of the staff.
A mere seven deck chairs at the pool, where foreigners can wait till the attendant allows while he gives reservation preference to locals riechs of racism.
Honestly, the 3 stars are awarded to the very few individuals (like Alina, Bruno, Anderson) that believe in hospitality.
Property and management is not worth a rating.

BUT YEAH: LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION
Makes for an unforgettable new years in Rio

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank eros110961

Dear Guest,
Were are deeply sorry to know about your negative experience with us. We will be working hard in the points reported in order to offer a better service to all our guest and I will share your comments with my General Manager. Sorry for the negative impression caused and thanks for your feedback.