4 people are viewing this hotel
US$160
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$161
Destinia.com
US$128
Sol Ipanema HotelUS$136
Hotels.comUS$160
PricelineUS$160
1,474 results
All reviews rooftop pool beach front small pool perfect stay breakfast buffet is location is great restaurants and shops ipanema portuguese
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2021

This hotel had everything I needed for my first trip to Rio. The staff was welcoming, warm & super helpful. It's techinically a "Beach Front" hotel, but you have to cross a busy two way street to get to the beach. Sol Ipanema offers a daily free breakfast, has a restaurant and 24 hour room service. The food was yummy. Floor 16 is a rooftop deck and bar with a small cooling pool. Here you can experience awesome views day or night. Room 705 is on the back side of the hotel and experiences wind noise on rainy/windy nights (No fault of hotel). The room was big with a comfy Emperor sized bed. The tiled bath shower is slippery so beware or use a small towel to minimize chances of crashing into the glass shower door (I will bring a rubber map next time). The quality of daily service(s) I received were very good considering I did not speak Portuguese. Everyone wears a mask and is on board with proper Covid-19 protocol. The hotel also helped me schedule my Covid test for re-entry. Yes, I will be returning ....... Thank you.

Room tip: Beach Front Rooms are the Best!
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 3 August 2021

perfect stay, rooms where confortable,
bathroom very complete, and clean
Terrace with pool and g great view and good food.
a little complicated at the check'in time.
very near all ipanemas best spots. Sunday's fair, Lojas (shopping stores) etc.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 3 January 2021

We enjoyed our stay at the Sol Ipanema. The location is perfect in the middle of Ipanema beach. The breakfast buffet and dinner in the restaurant and room service were good and the staff very friendly. The rooms and hotel are very clean and the views from the rooftop deck and pool are fantastic. The rooms are a good size and the beds very comfortable. Thanks for a great stay!

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank KevinLondonEngland
Juliana Girao, Outro at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Kevin,

Reading your review here on Trip Advisor made me extremely happy! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Knowing that we were able to deliver a service of excellence makes all our efforts worthwhile.
We look forward to your return for new and wonderful discoveries!

Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

The hotel is well located, beach front in the middle of vibrant Ipanema, plenty of restaurants and shops in walking distance.

Unfortunately, the room service and front desk service are below expectations and not working well. Despite complaining, my room was not cleaned until 4pm, they intentionally disregarded my complaint, probably a cost saving measure.

Overall a mixed experience, I would advise international travellers to look for better and cheaper alternatives, there are plenty nearby.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mrchrisk76

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
We are sorry that we have not completely reached the standard of service that we wish to offer our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to reverse any bad impression regarding our services.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2020

The Sol is a great place to stay whether for business or personal pleasure. The staff is and always has been extremely attentive and courteous. The facilities extremely clean and fresh. The rooms are comfortable and again extremely clean.
The location is easy walking distance to Ipanema, Leblon and Copacabana. Not to forget the beach across the street.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank george1630
Hotel Sol Ipanema, Gerente geral at Sol Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Dear Mr. George,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sol Ipanema Hotel with us.

I would like to say that it is very gratifying to read your feedback and know that you enjoyed our welcome.

Our intention is always to make our guests feel at home.

Best regards,