1,019 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel based on the following reasons.
The bathroom was not cleaned well.
The water heater did not work well.
There were little ants on countertops.
Elevator was not responsive. We took the stairs down a couple of times.
Internet was not reliable.

Some of the good things:

The staff were very friendly and responsive.
The lobby was clean.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of food.
TV worked.
There was an electronic safe in the room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at this Hotel at room number 1003 from 28 February to 04 March 2014 - four nights. This hotel was a part of our Carnaval Tour Package from Luck viagens, Recife (Pernambuco).

We found the hotel staff very cooperative, trained in guest management and fast in answering all the querries that came to out mind. The WiFi was perfectly working with a good speed.

The Room (Apartment with kitchen , TV, Locker, Hot water geyser, drawing room, balcony, bed room with double bed , Window air conditioner - one for drawing room and one for the bed room etc) was well maintained, cleaning was promptly done every day and room was not noisy.

Breakfast was served from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM at floor 1P and this had many varieties for diferente taste. This was included in room charges.

There was a small swimming pool and warm water Hydro Massage bathtub at the floor 2P. The Sauna System was under maintenance. This is good for relaxing after hectic tour of the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SadhanaRakesh
Rossana S, General Manager at Copacabana Suites by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for your comments. It is only through our guest´s feedback that we can improve what we are doing wrong.

Regarding the Sauna, we would like to share that the problems is being solved.

Hope to see you soon!

All the best.

Rossana Spena

Reviewed 4 January 2014

While my time in Rio was amazing it was marred by the attitude and terrible state of the hotel.
1. I checked I and was given a wifi code which unless you knew that the username was your room number with a zero in front was useless. (I had to ask reception and was kept on hold while they found someone who spoke English)
2. When in the room I realised that though my reservation said a queen size bed this was a single room The room was changed.
3. I tried to have tea in my bedroom which is meant to be complimentary. There was no milk and the kettle was in a sorry state.
4. The following day a went out and returned to find my room had not been cleaned. The next day because I mentioned it I did get new towels, though nothing was cleaned again. On the third day I returned to find they had still not cleaned the room. I complained but was misunderstood and then the phone put down because reception didn't speak any English. I called back and the phone was put down, trying again this was done again, so I went to reception and asked for a manager. The young lady I spoke was clearly not the manager but could understand some English. I wrote down for her my concerns. Finally someone was sent to clean my room. It is a pity that I have no names as the staff don't wear their name badges.
5. The door to the balcony didn't lock and there were also stains on the sofa. I checked out two days early and was told that those days would be refunded. I am yet to hear anything from Expedia

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TPHants
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Old hotel which went through a low price retrofit. It is priced the level of any normal 3 or 4 star hotel but cannot be compared to any of them.
To be fair, my room had a lot of space, kitchen, two sofas and even a laundry...
Location is good, but not excellent, 50m from subway and mini markets, but you need to walk at least 200-300m to find any decent restaurant.
Bottom line, is I'd never get back on business; maybe in a group of friends to share a room could make sense.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street, it is noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Augusto C
Reviewed 3 March 2013

It's more than pity while a foreigner starts to explore Brazil and Rio from the COPACABANA RESIDENCIA hotel. We have learnt about the efforts of Brazil to escape the 3d world coining, while COPACABANA RESIDENCIA persuades you to feel the whole atmosphere of typical banana republic. After 24 hours in the jets, the shift to very hot weather in Rio we (group of 35 people) eagerly wanted to get the shower. It was almost 4 pm, when we tried to do check-in and after 30 minutes waiting in the "lobby" were told that rooms were not ready. I took the key, got to the floor and found cleaning girls myself. They already knew that there was a scandal and half of the group could not enter the rooms, so "helped" me to changes bed linens and somehow washed the floor. However, we were lucky. Several group members claimed that toilets did not work, the keys did not open the doors and so on. Such minor details, as 30oC in sauna and Jacuzzi do not worth to be mentioned.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends