9 people are viewing this hotel
US$106
US$106
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$88
PricelineUS$106
Hotels.comUS$106
travelup.comUS$109
All reviews rooftop pool copacabana beach hard time deciding beach front beautiful hotel cleaning staff every morning rooms are nice ocean view location is great skydive rio gym properties bellboy safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Most everything about our stay was 5-star as the staff without exception couldn’t do enough to make sure we were well cared for and pleased with the service and experience. Although this hotel is rated as a 4-star hotel, you will definitely receive 5-star service. Our room had an ocean view and it was spacious, CLEAN, and well-stocked. We received exceptional service in the breakfast restaurant, especially from Jonathan and Joseph (Jose?). The only markdown comes from the fact that the hotel charges for the in-room coffee. I’ve never experienced an extra charge for the in-room coffee in all of my years of travel, but this hotel made that a first. This was the only negative we experienced during our stay. Highly recommend the hotel!

Room tip: Avoid using the in-room coffee if you don’t like paying for this service that should be included.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Veronica Soares, Proprietário at Windsor California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Dear Mr. Gary P.,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It is a great pleasure to have such a sincere recognition of our efforts to deliver the highest level of quality in the property. Regarding the in room coffee charge, it is expected to be charged for the espresso coffee cup as a minibar item. We are sorry if this information was not clear.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

My boyfriend has stayed in plenty of properties in Copacabana and Ipanema and suggested Fasano, Pestana, Copacabana Palace: the big places with big rates. I got distracted by the savings in this little property with great Google ratings and a competitive price. Boy did I strike gold! The F&B offering is sensational: Rogerio the restaurant manager has fantastic breakfast service, great wine list and superb offerings poolside on the rooftop or room service as you prefer. You're going to have a hard time deciding who is your favourite employee after Dionata and José have served your breakfast, Joelma has cleaned your huge, fantastically appointed room, Leandro has brought you your drinks by the pool and the outstanding reception and bellboy team have catered to your every wish in Rio de Janeiro: Alberto, Riccardo, Augusto et al never stop. On my second stay at this property there was however a shining star: Jacqueline, the supervisor, withstood my ardent entreaties to infringe her own regulations regarding rooftop guests at the restaurant during COVID and then when I requested a reservation at an external restaurant with a view came up with a magnificent surprise location which became the highlight not only of my trip but also of my lunch guest's trip. We will remember that lunch forever at a locale we only found thanks to Jacqueline's courage in reserving it (we had no idea where we were headed: in RIO! That's scary) and knowledge. I even happened upon the General Manager in the lobby one afternoon and could not have been received more personally, warmly and graciously. I thanked her effusely for a magnificent stay as I fear her property will soon become far too expensive for me to stay. I feel so fortunate to have been among the lucky few who discovered this gem while it was still affordable. It won't last long: Book ASAP.

Room tip: Deluxe rooms on the front of the building have views of the beach but the standard rooms have welcome shade all day.
Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank Dan F
Management response:Responded 26 January 2021

Dear Mr. Dan F,

I am deeply touched for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its services.

A talented staff is a valuable asset for Windsor hotels and it is a great pleasure to have guests that can truly recognize all the efforts to keep outstanding services.

Looking forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

Very very good food, super clean rooms & excellent nice service!! Perfect infront of copacabana :) The fitnessroom is also nice! And t one of the best things: the view in the 15th floor
Jonathan and Rita are amazing service staff Thankful to be here!!

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank dagarcia7
Management response:Responded 24 December 2020

Dear Mrs. Garcia,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very happy we had the chance to meet your expectations regarding our services. Jonathan and Rita are pleased to be mentioned and we all wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and loved every second of it. The staff are extremely kind and helpful. If they make a mistake they are very apologetic. (we’re humans) It’s good to know at least spanish when you’re here as languages vary. Some know english, some also know spanish and some just speak portuguese. But, I encountered no real problems. I called for breakfast to my room two times with no problem. You get a huge breakfast for only $12usd. It comes with all different types of bread (one day they had chocolate donuts too), ham, cheese, jam, coffee or milk, fruits, eggs, juice and yogurt. And the food was really good. You have to check out the rooftop, you can either eat outside or inside. The view is incredible. If you eat inside you get a view of Christ the Redeemer. I would recommend this place to anyone! Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank monikahnicole
Management response:Responded 29 September 2020

Dear customer,

Thank you for all your kind comments. It was a pleasure to have you at Windsor California and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2020 via mobile

I only stayed for 3 nights and didn't really enjoy my stay in Rio as I was extremely ill, the hotel staff helped me with insurance, hospital and taxis every day. They also speak English which was very helpful.
The bed is super comfortable, the bathroom is spacious and accessible for wheelchairs and the view on Copacabana beach from the rooftop pool is simply gorgeous. Restaurant and room service food is amazing and affordable, wifi works well, the rooms have AC and a mini fridge.

Date of stay: December 2019