US$230
US$192
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$298
  • Beachfront
US$278
US$237
MGallery
  • Pool
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$251
US$241
  • Beachfront
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$92
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$563
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2015

The hotel is well located, in an area close to the city center , a street full of pubs and restaurants and also close to public transport. But if you are planning of heading daily to the beach, then it is a bit far away . As for the hotel : breakfast was great , especially if you like exotic fruits, the furniture ( including bathroom ) is quite old and simple, air conditioning noisy . If you get rooms on the street side, then the room is noisy, if not - then it is quiet and nicer. Reception staff is very helpful when asking for directions to the turistic points. Price seemed to me quite high, but not for Rio ...

Room Tip: Try not to haave a rooms on the street side, especially lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2015

My stay in Arcos Hotel was just amazing.
The hotel is simple, but has very good plus in items.
Location - is well locating, Lapa, if you are interested in nightlife and experiencing different food. Lapa never sleeps, so if you are looking for a quiet place, definitely is not the place to be. From there is easy to go to the city center
Food - They offer a very nice Breakfast buffet with different options (although same different options everyday). They have different kinds of breads, season fruits (3 types), scrambled eggs, sausages or chorico, yougurt, cakes and mousses. Breakfast is included on the room price. If you are not interested to go out for lunch/dinner the restaurant at the hotel offers a buffet of 15 USD per people excluding drinks (includes starters, main dish and desert).
Room - Very small, but nice. AC is provide, hot water and daily room service.

I went there with my mother and my sister and we enjoyed our stay during our 12 nights there.

Room Tip: Ask the rooms on the left side.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2014

I got the opportunity to be hosted here many times before and I have to say that it was not good at all, but in my last stay I had a good surprise! Beside the room improvements I could see others amends beyond visual plan.

Of course this hotel has much more to be improved, but I have a glance of hope when I see some serious work in a hotel in Rio de Janeiro. I spent half of year hosted in many hotels in this town and this kind of actions is a exception here.

The service quality has improved, the wifi is much better and the breakfast have better products. The restaurant is good, very good, and has a Maitre that make you feel comfort and welcome.

The hotel is located in one of most bohemian neighborhood and you have many options surrounding you. In my case, my visits to Rio de Janeiro are for business purpose and I have no plans to spend the night drinking beer and eating appetizer, so the hotel restaurant is a wonderful convenience.

If your mind is get around and seize the bohemian life, here is a good place.
Here are some tips:

1 - Avoid the front rooms, they are very noisily and will screw up your night's sleep.

2 - If you are going alone, ask rooms with two single beds. Many rooms has olds mattress and with two beds you can choose what is better.

The rooms has a lot space, a good air condition and the bathroom has everything that you need: good shower and spacious sink to spread all your stuffs around!

To close this review I will remember that this neighborhood is located in downtown and it is ugly and stinks like hell, but you are in a good place to reach many important places in downtown and south zone.

This hotel has improving at all and it makes me happy cause this is a exception in Rio.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2014

Lapa is an old and happening place with a pretty exciting night life; so the locality tends to be noisy and not very modern.

The hotel is very well maintained, the staff are friendly and prompt in service. I stayed for 3 weeks while working in Av. Presidente Vargas, and didn't face any problems in the hotel. There's a small pool and gym on the top floor, which is not very well advertised. The breakfast spread is nice.

The hotel is close to the Arcos da Lapa, Escadaria Selarón and the many bars in this area. I also had a nice view of the Rio de Janeiro Cathedral from my room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't facing the road, since it might be less noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I have settled for 10 days in this hotel. The crews were pretty polite and kind. The rooms were too clear and internet speed was much better than my expectation and very fast.
The disadvantages of this hotel were :
1: locating in the "lapa" where is very noisy with lots of homeless people who make there a little unsafe and give bad feeling.
2: The air conditioners were very bad in a majority of rooms and we had to change our room.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends