Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$89
  • Pool
Orla Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$128
  • Pool
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$185
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$229
  • Beachfront
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$408
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I stayed a couple of times in this hotel some 8 or 9 years ago. It was not great then and time was not kind to it.
Long wait for check-in, not because of a long queue or few attendants. Bad management, it seems.
Old, poorly kept room, dirty bathroom, weak air conditioning.
Room Service number is automatically transferred to a pizza joint - in fact a pizza cart, located in the hotel lobby (really), and only then you discover that the hotel does not have a proper room service. The menu is limited, the pizza is awful, horribly expensive, not chargeable to the hotel account and they do not provide receipt!
I did not expect much for the price, but this is so bad that besides not staying in this hotel ever again, I don’t feel like staying in any Transamérica property.
Barra has definitely better options. Run from this one.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel! If you must stay there, rooms in the higher floors offer a small balcony with a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Fabio M
Transamerica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime Barra, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Mr. Fabio,
We thank you for your experience and would like to have met your expectations in Rio de Janeiro. We are very sorry for the inconvenience during the days you were with us and we emphasize that each item is being worked with rigor to prevent it from happening again.
Regarding restaurant services, we are in the process of transition from concessionaire and soon expect to better match the expectations of our customers, as we value the quality of our services.
It will be a pleasure and we would like to welcome you in a new opportunity, even to improve your impressions and to provide you with a more pleasant stay.
We will always be at your disposal!

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Shower is not hot at all. Breakfast is horrible with few options of low quality. Staff is rude.
Not what you would expect for the price tag. Location is ok but if you can, choose somewhere else. Barra has better options.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime Barra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Sr.,

Thanks for staying with us and registering your impressions. We are sorry we did not provide you with a pleasant stay. Let us look at the critical points mentioned and guide the responsible staff for improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and demonstrate our changes.

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Restaurant service is definitely the worst there. Breakfast has a lot of items, but not that good quality, the whole bread is no 100% whole, cheese aren't brand new, there is no sandwich toaster.

I have bought a wine bottle in the supermarket to drink at my room. As I ordered in the room service a sandwich (that came to my room completely cold and I had to ask to heat it) plus 4 beers and also I asked for a corkscrew to open my wine. They said me that I should pay an almost USD 10 fee just to use the opener at my room !!!!!!!! It's an absurd, I have been in several different hotels in the world and in a wide range of price, I have never seen a hotel's restaurant charges a fee to offer a corkscrew !!!!!!! Besides it, as I complained about the price, the employee told me that, if I paid in cash, he could open it for the half of price (bribe). I said thanks, however I couldn't agree with that, I use to pay tip, not anything like this.

On the other hand the lobby's staff is efficient and kind.

If you don't want to deal with these situations, I highly not recommend this stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime Barra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Mr Felipe,
Thank you for your comment and it is clarified that it is not a hotel / restaurant the procedure to charge for loan of some utensils like the bottle opener. We will reorient the restaurant staff about the quality of service that we enjoy and we will take care of the mentioned items.
We would like to have better met the expectations of your stay at the hotel and will always be on hand to welcome you.
We hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again and we can improve your impression.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This hotel is partelly owned by private owners (appartments) and part is hotel. The staff on the reception are pure, they dont know what they are doing, not helpful, not smile. They are absolutelly chaotic, changing reservation and room numbers by them self. Not professional!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime Barra, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear Mr. Filip,
We thank you for your comment and would like to have better matched your stay with us, as well as to understand what you really disliked, as we do not usually receive complaints regarding the quality of our service.
We will always be available through "Contact Us" on our website and we hope to have the opportunity to receive you again to reverse the bad impression regarding our services.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Stayed there for the Olympics. All was great until I got short-changed at the restaurant. In the UK the customer is right but here the staff gathered and all took the side of the cashier. It was quite an upsetting moment but I caved in because I was so busy and tired. Now I wish I'd complained to reception.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prime Barra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Mrs.,
We were very happy for receiving you, for the comment and the praise.
It was a pleasure to provide you a pleasant stay and we emphasize that your feedback is very important to us. We forwarded to the responsible personnel the remarks regarding our serviceof the restaurant for analysis and possible improvements.
We hope you will be with us again in future opportunities and your stays at the hotel are each time better.