4 people are viewing this hotel
US$53
Free cancellation until 31/05/22
US$52
Free cancellation until 31/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$47
PricelineUS$52
Hotels.comUS$53
Destinia.comUS$54
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2020

An executive hotel, with standard installations, nice staff but misses the minimal quality at some key services.

The restaurant is overpriced for the quality of the food served. The dishes are super caloric and unbalanced. Salads with a lot of cheap ham and canned food. Minimal vegetarian or vegan options. You won't get a full balanced meal there.

Room service will bring a huge amount of disposable plastic every day. No glass cup or mugs available in the room. Coffee will be served in disposable cups like any cheap take away service. Once you have finished you just leave the dirt dishes and rest of your food on the floor at the hallway, and they will be collected once a day. (that makes a nice and very hygienic view).

The couch (which is actually an optional bed for kids) and the chair are ok if you intend to take a sit for couple of minutes a day, try to work there and your back will be requesting some pain pills soon.

The hotel is near the city center but you will depend either on public transportation or a tai to get you anywhere. There’s absolutely nothing at a walking distance, the hotel is surrounded by empty and abandoned buildings..

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Luciano Rocha, Gerente geral at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Dear Pedro,

Thank you for sharing all of your feelings about your stay.

The hotel have a menu that it's completely with all the options that usually our clients asks.

We are at middle of downtown and close to the airports and the most touristic places in Rio.

We are taking all the plastics option in the room service until December.

It's very important your feedback to us improve our services and our Menu, like more vegetarian options.

Hope see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Luciano Rocha - General Manager
Novotel & Ibis RJ Porto Atlântico

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I would like to thank you the hotel for my stay,
First of all, the hotel reception were just INCREDIBLE, they tried to do everything they could to make my stay perfect.
I had trouble with charging my iPhone and they tried their best to make sure I could charge my iPhone.
Great upgrade for me , I was staying at the Premier floor and just fantastic with a beautiful view!
I spent some time and the pool by the roof , clean , nice and tidy and really I had a good time there, specially cause we are a bit further to Ipanema beach.
The lady who were cleaning my room ,she was so kind and friendly.

Thank you very much for looking after me during my stay last december.

Thiago Costa

Room tip: very affordable 4 stars hotel.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank thiago_dellom
NVtIBIS, Gerente geral at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear Thiago,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kind Regards,
Luciano Rocha - Gerente Geral
Novotel & Ibis RJ Porto Atlantico

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

If you are looking some place up front to the beach and with a beautiful view this is not the place, but if you are looking a clean, comfortable and very modern hotel this place is definitely a good choice.
They have a nice restaurant with 24x24 service a nice pool and very cool sauna. The staff works very organized and you can really relax in this place.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ogmars2018
NVtIBIS, Gerente geral at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2020

Dear Ogmar,

Thank you for sharing your Experience in our hotel. We really appreciate.

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our restaurant.

We look forward to see you here again!

Kind Regards,

Luciano Rocha - General Manager
Novotel e Ibis RJ Porto Atlântico

Reviewed 25 November 2019

I enjoyed my stay in this Novotel very much.
The rooms were very clean, staff took a very good care by the daily room service. The staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. Especially the manager Andrey was very helpful and professional explaining me how to get to particular places in Rio, gave recommendations and advices about visiting the city. He speaks very good English and helped me with some translations from Portuguese. Thank you for that !

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
NVtIBIS, Gerente geral at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2019

Dear Dominik,

We gonna send your regards to Andrey.

Best Regards

Luciano Rocha

Reviewed 29 October 2019

Like the Novotel hotels. Quality is very good. CLean and reliable. I liked the breakfast and the overall facility. The only comment I had is related to the information that they shall disclose on underground parking. The valet parking is outsourced and you can park your car yourself. Bear in mind that giving your car key to a valet is asking a person to have fun with it. I find it risky. In my case it was a motorcycle so even worse. I did park it myself at the same underground parking lot

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NVtIBIS, Gerente at Novotel RJ Porto Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Dear John,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us.

We are glad that you liked our hotel.

All the information about the parking it was communicated with our staff.

Hope see you soon!