“Wonderful experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leblon
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We dined at Esch last week while I was attending a conference in Barra. I ate at Esch a couple of years ago and was very pleased that this visit was as good or better than the previous. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I will be back on my next trip.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I only go there when I want to drink, smoke and have am octopus ceviche. It's conveniently located and the service is very good.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

The bartender in our hotel recommended this place for Scotch and cigars. So we went. They are a El Casa de Habano store, so they have a large, walk in humidor with a wide selection of Cuban cigars. Their whisky selection is limited, especially with the single malts, but there were a few. One thing they do, when you order, they bring the bottle to the table and leave it. As a temptation. :)

We both ordered some food. Typically, Brazilian food portions are huge. These were normal size entrees, but not at a lower price that most places. So while the food was excellent, the value was not great.

The two of use had two single malt whiskies each, a cigar (which vary greatly in price), two entrees, and one dessert and with taxi round trip from our hotel in Copacabana, the total was about $181 (yes, US dollars)

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I've known Esch Café from Sao Paulo. Now I've tried Esch Café in Rio. I like the place and absolutely recommend this place if you would like to eat and then have a smoke. Yes, you can eat and smoke at your table!
Cigars are on the pricy side and they basically have only cuban cigars.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Because its one of the few places that allow cigar smoking (and they have a fab selection for sale) you'll find at least half the tables editing cigar smoke. So, if this disturbs you, it ain't for you. Otherwise it's a great place with good food and excellent service.