See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel for two nights, paying one night as a deposit. Upon arrival, the hotel demanded payment for both nights. As my Portuguese was as bad as the receptionist's English, and I had no proof I had paid ready to hand, So I paid again. The room itself had a lot of mold on the ceiling and the wifi was only available at the lobby - it's range must be about 20 yards max. The pool was fine and the location central.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a low priced hotel, and for the money, it's a great value. It sits about three blocks from the no-cars section, so you can drive to it, and it's a block over from the bus station. The woman at the front desk was wonderful in getting us set up w/ tours. No English spoken. There is a small pool which is great for keeping the kids entertained, and is one of the few pools this close to the historic district. The game room isn't well maintained, so discount it from your consideration.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Pousada das Canos is in an excellent location located just on the main road into the beautiful town of Paraty. Be warned that the staff dont speak English but this wasn't a problem for me as Id pre booked my stay on a booking website prior to my arrival.

I didn' eat at the hotel but there are plenty of restaurants and bars near by. also the hotel is located next to all the main banks which is handy if you have been in the more remote resorts with no ATM's.

The hotel wasn't very full when I stayed there and I was the only European guest at the time which wasn't an issue. The fact that the hotel had a pool was a bonus and I made us of that.

The rooms are clean by Brazil standards. Don't be put off by the photos it is a nice hotel and they should be judge in line with European/Caribbean hotels.

I would stay at this hotel again. Only down side was I didn't have a WIFI signal in my room so had to sot in the TV room to access the internet.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We travelled as a big group of 80 people and stayed in this hotel for 4 nights.

The hotel is rather well located for those who want to experience Paraty town and the historical center, everything is within a walking distance, there are many good restaurants and shops around but it is nice and quite in the surroundings of the hotel.

The rooms are clean, everything very much in order, but could be a bit small for people who are used to have more comfort (we stayed 4 persons in one room). Nice and comfy bathroom. Nice room-service - changing towels every day.

Nice breakfast in the morning, but not much variety for those who are staying longer.

Sound isolation between rooms could be improved.

The staff does not speak English, however, understand a bit and is in general very helpful, we got help with everything we needed.

Room Tip: It could be noisy of you are choosing a room which is looking at the swimming pool, But maybe you are the early bird who likes making noise at the pool yourself? ;)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MildaC
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Pousada das Canoas was a lovely hotel in the beautiful historic city of Paraty. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is excellent!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple