See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Beautiful rooms, simple & neat. Good service at breakfast. Close to downtown, in a very nice enviroment, I had a really very good expierence and nothing to complaint about. Although it's an old construccion, the rooms with balcony are the best! You can sleep looking at the stars.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with a balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Very good location, room clean and comfortable. We had a balcony but unsure if all rooms have this. Staff very helpful and friendly, we arrived a day early and they were able to accommodate us. Small pool good, and great coffee and cake in the afternoon. We will be back next time in Buzios.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband and I live in Rio and have stayed at several different pousadas within the same area of Buzios. This is by far the best experience we have had! It's a small, intimate property with large rooms and balconies overlooking a garden pool area. The rooms were clean and simple, and the location was perfect…a short walk away from the crowded downtown and just 50 meters or so from the beautiful, boat-filled harbor and our favorite restaurant, O Barco. Our parents from the US said it reminded them of their stay in Bermuda. Not much English was spoken at the property, but we were able to arrange permission for our dog to stay and get all of our questions answered prior to arrival via phone and email from Sergio, who spoke fantastic English. Breakfast was FANTASTIC!! Oh yeah…bring some mosquito repellant to use while in Buzios!!

Room Tip: If reserving two rooms, request 11 and 12. They each have (lockable) doors that open up into a common hallway to privately access one another.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JillinBrazil
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Please read this. Hope it helps you and does not ruin your trip. Everything you see here is lie. This hotel is more expensive compare to others in the area. There is no beach view from the hotel. The swimming pool is not even attractive. Only garden is nice. Picture looks really good but it is not good hotel at all. I would advise not to stay here. The bed sheet smells really bad and it is old. It seems like they did not wash it for months. It is not comfortable either. The material is very rough. There is nothing fancy about the hotel. The bath tub that you see in the picture it looks new but it is very old and you have to pay for every hour. Even fitness center there is nothing much there. They said the coffee was included but they charge for it. The bathroom was messed up. When you take shower the water was all of sudden super hot and all of sudden super cold. They only care for the money. I usually do appreciate the old school stuff but no this was the worse experience in my life. Also when you are talking to the front desk people they help others at the same time and they ignore you. When you leave the hotel they check in your room to see if you have stolen something or if they are missing something before you leave. But they don't care if you forgot something. I had forgotten my neckless and I am sure when they were checking on us they saw it but they did not say anything to get if for free. We even called and they said they did not find it even though I know 100% I left it there.

Room Tip: I am not sure but you might want to go there and see your self before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Riya p
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here about 8 years ago and had a fairly tale memory of the place. Well it lived up to it. The garden is just stunning. My wife sat with our feet in the pool and sipped champagne at midnight. I am not sure if I have ever sat in a more enchanting setting. You can't be closer to the Street of Sones(ruas das pedras). So it just made for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple