“Disapoonted”
Review of BZ

BZ
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

The appearance was deceiving, as we entered expecting a nice culinary experience, with fresh tasting mediterranean style food. Unfortunately, the two fish were overcooked, tasteless, and salty. Not something you would be willing to pay more than 10$ for. It's definitely overpriced, and doesn't deserve a place at the top Buzios restaurants.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Beautiful little restaurant with lots of charm.

We were drawn in by the chef cooking outside the front entrance, and serve diligently by our waiter (Bruno).

The food was good, but an over use of garlic was a little unfortunate, especially when eating a salmon dish. Portion sizes, like the rest of Brazil are good, and the value was not to dissimilar to what you might pay in somewhere like London - perhaps a little more expensive for Buzios.

Overall, I'd certainly return!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, I tried the ceviche of pulpo, it is meant to be a starter but it was just perfect as a main - no way to start with this and add a main!!! The dessert Dulce de leche was also perfect, just as good as a chocolate fondant and god knows how I like the latter.
The caipirinha was the best I have had in Brazil.
Furthermore the staff is really really friendly without being invasive. It is also worth saying that the owner is the same as Bar do Ze known as the best restaurant in town. This address is only 1 year old but should rank higher shortly in the list!
On a last note, great playlist with Finley Quayle, the XX, Gilberto Gil to name a few.
Only 2 days in Buzios and I am tempted to come back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The restaurant is at Orla Bardot with a cozy ambience. It's smaller than his first restaurant, but it's as good as Bar do Ze. My husband and I had delicious dinner there. He had a Fettuccine with scampi and I had Shrimp with a marvelous risotto. The quality was very good.The waiter was nice and polite. Everything was perfect. The price is high but Its worth it.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Went to BZ by chance, and that came to be a strike of luck. Clean, tastefully decorated, with fine seafood and drinks, BZ gives you a pleasant experience.
Sensible staff which did not allow a fellow to dine shirtless.
Our waiter was very understanding and given our time pressure (to go back to our cruise ship) put our order before that of 8 Globo TV artists having lunch there (!).