“Yummiest bread around.”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

As part owner of Gramophone Lounge, our restaurant a short distance from Golden Bread, I'm happy to give this place a very high rating. We use the baguettes and brioche in the restaurant, serving it with some of our dishes. The quality is always good and we will happily continue to buy from them.
To the team at Golden Bread: Keep up the good work!☺

There are newer reviews for Golden Bread

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I've been coming to this place since its opening. Today, however, was the last day.

The waiters handled the big influx of clients due to the summer in a terrible way. We waited a lot of time to be served and when the food finally came they forgot the cutlery. Even after asking for it more than 3 times in a row they did not bring it!

We've had to get up and get it ourselves from the kitchen!

When the time of appreciating a nice breakfast eventually came the worst happened: I found a freaking fly inside the juice.

Bottom line: the food is good but do not dare to come here in the summer

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

It is very nice to pop to Golden bread . I love a cafe con leite , fresh orange and a fracture goiabada ... Sort of croissant rolled up with guava paste jam ... Yum ! The cake is very good and if you crave European bread you get close met to it here ... You can sit outside before popping round to the fish market for another coffee and a look at all the lovely fish ! Maybe not something you would do if time in Buzios is limited but if it rains it is a nice place to go too .. for afternoon cake and coffee.

Reviewed 22 March 2015

It used to be the best place to have breakfast in Buzios. Now it may be the only reason to stress out in a paradise town.

Limited options (no fresh juices. Really? in Brazil?), questionable hygiene (flies everywhere, dishes being washed over your coffee) and I-don't-give-a-damn staff. I left wondering why the owner consciously decided to destroy the venture. Anyway, just avoid.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

We were advised to go here for breakfast by the concierge of Casa Branca, he said it was the best cafe in Buzios.

We arrived around 11.30 and were told breakfast was no longer served. We asked if we could have sandwiches, they said no but pointed at the meat counter and suggested we make the sandwiches ourselves! The problem was the meat was being sold in rather large packages so the suggestion was rather silly.

We then decided to have coffee, orange juice and croissants only to be told that there was no orange juice to be had because it was no longer breakfast time! I believe this is the only place in Brazil that doesn't serve orange juice at 11.30.

We were hungry and bought croissants, pain du chocolate and some small prices of bread. Everything was dry and stale.

Brazil lacks a bread culture but this cafe is a joke, both service wise and product wise. I would not go back if they paid me.

1  Thank Christian B