Gisele, Alex and Xavier and the staff are so welcoming and friendly, we felt very settled and relaxed in their hotel - despite a couple of problems, which everyone did their absolute best to sort out as swiftly as possible. We originally had a junior suite which was very well furnished but was very dark due to the attractive but very overgrown plants that surround the hotel. Unfortunately there were no other rooms, so we had to wake up to a depressing dark room.
We were staying here at the same time as the Volcano Ash grounded all flights, which caused a mixture of good and bad luck for us. We moved to the bright Royal Suite since the original guests who had booked it were stuck in the UK. The Ash also meant we were stuck in Brazil, leading to a couple of days of mixed feelings (panic vs pleased to have more time in Brazil and Rio) thinking we might be stuck in Brazil for weeks.
The foyer area of the hotel is actually somewhere we were happy to hang about in. There is a computer with free internet and a TV with all channels. And we enjoyed meeting other guests here and at breakfast. Overall since the hotel is quite small the feeling is more like going to stay with friends than being at a hotel.
The hotel is perhaps 15 minutes walk from the centre of Buzios but we rented a moped to get about on and reach the beaches. And once we had worked out the one way system around the town driving around was easy.
I am not sure we really like Buzios itself - it has no real charm or character. Its life blood is holiday makers, weekend visitors and holiday/second homes (many reached by helicopters that landed on Friday and Sunday nights outside houses) but this means there isn't much else there.
But since Porto Bay Glenzhaus was such a good place to stay we did enjoy our 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Born as a small fishing village, today Buzios is a paradise for those who love gastronomy, art and ecology while at the same time boasting an amazing night life. PortoBay Buzios* is a boutique hotel in the city centre of the of Buzios. 21 Suites in a sumptuous tropical setting are a certain recipe for peace and quiet, all with silent air conditioning, free internet access and minibar. Breakfast can be served near the pool leading you to one more unforgettable moment... This boutique lodge is near the beaches that surround the peninsula and a few steps from the famous Rua das Pedras. Here you will find a huge variety of traditional stores, different art galleries, traditional handcraft and some amazing restaurants where you can appreciate the simple pleasures of food A corner of paradise...* Previously named as Porto Bay Glenzhaus ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortoBay Buzios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Glenzhaus Hotel Buzios
- Porto Bay Glenzhaus Buzios
- PortoBay Buzios Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil