1,328 results
All reviews comfortable resort nice beach nice place pousada brazil sea taxi flavor porto sheets renovation toilet luxury accommodations waves
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about my 4 days staying at Pousada Tabapitanga. The ocean view from the room was amazing. The pousada was very clean and the staff very friendly. The restaurant was very nice and it had a wonderful variety of juices and typical food. Breakfast included was very nice as well and I loved the fact that everyday the had a different typical cake at breakfast buffet. I am from Recife and I know all typical foods from there, however I live abroad so coming back and being able to find my childhood home flavors was absolutely delightful. They had live music at night two days we were there and the repertory was also very typical brazilian Bossa Nova, MPB and local forró and even some Frevo one day. I am very pleased with the pousada and I would go back there without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Luciana M, Gerente de relações públicas at Pousada Tabapitanga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thanks, Andrea!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Tabapitanga offers a perfect balance between luxury and casualness. Staff is perfectly trained and nice, food is good. The accommodations are clean and neat and the beach in front of the hotel is gorgeous - Cupe.
We were surprised that it wasn't an expensive stay at all, prices were fair.
Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Luciana M, Gerente de relações públicas at Pousada Tabapitanga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thanks for your contact!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My husband and I spent the last few days of our Brazil holiday here. It’s not all singing all dancing but that’s what we liked about it. The beach is fabulous although the sea can be strong and weather windy. The food is fairly simple but tasty and plentiful and the staff great but only one spoke any English. There’s good internet but apart from a singer, no entertainment. You can get a Uber or taxi to the next town which has lots of shops and places to eat. It suited us perfectly to do nothing as it was the end of 3 weeks of moving around.

Room Tip: All seemed fine
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Luciana M, Gerente de relações públicas at Pousada Tabapitanga, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thanks for your contact!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This could be my first TripAdvisor review. I've been helped so many times by other reviews so I thought I'd give it a crack.

Read the other reviews and I won't disagree with the following: the place is beautiful, room was fine (though not always a great hot shower and note to self: septic system requires that you put your toilet tissue in a trash bin by the bowl--been to Cuba, Thailand etc. and had worse!), staff friendly but minimal English-we never met the fluent owner-and were confused by the sign on the door to clean vs. do not disturb (duh) so we didn't get a clean room one day.

Breakfast: I don't mean to be a snob, but for the people saying this is an amazing breakfast...this is a 3 star hotel with all-around 3 star food, morning, noon, and night. I'm not a fan of tapioca so I didn't use the tapioca bar.

Transportation: this pousada is one of the furthest from town. Great for quiet and relaxation, and closer to the beaches on the northern end of town, which are lovely, but you need a car or taxi or uber to get to the main area (average 12 minutes). Uber was never more than R $13, a much better deal than a taxi. The road to the pousada off the main road is a 1.5 km cobblestone street. Don't even think about taking public transport.

The beach: okay, do not expect comfy bed cabanas on white sandy beach. You get plastic chairs and lounges, usually without cushions on a grassy or half-sandy area around the pool above the beach. The property is in a state of erosion and it looks like they're letting it go for now. The stairs down to the beach just end, and you have to jump a bit to get down, and hoist a bit to get up. 3 stars people. Not the Taj mahal. Overall, a lovely experience at the right price, but I may have spent a few more bucks to get something a bit higher quality and a little closer to the center.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emceesquare1
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I stayed at Pousada Tabapitanga for 5 days. The place is wonderful and clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The meals are delicious, specially the breakfast, which has a huge variety of typical fruits, cakes, and even cassava.
At the reception, there is an agent from a tourist agency, which works with the Pousada, to help guests with day trips/city tours. It is extremely convenient and the person did her best to accommodate the trips in my schedule.
I had a great time there. I recommend the place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruna M
Luciana M, Gerente de relações públicas at Pousada Tabapitanga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thanks for your contact, Bruna! Hope you come back soon!