“Slow and terrible”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Stepped in to Taj by accident due to a downpour. Place was not busy. Still waited an eternity to make my order. After 45min, still didn't have my fish curry on the table and started asking. An other 10 min later it finaly arrived. Only it had absolutely nothing to do with curry. Could not identify the what spices went in there?

Reviewed 10 October 2016

The atmosphere of this well-appointed restaurant is appealing and exciting, promising a fun evening with good people watching, and more importantly, good food. However, this restaurant failed to deliver completely on taste, value, cleanliness, and service.

The first indication that this restaurant was poised to fail was the fact that after being seated by an apathetic water, a COCKROACH ran out from my menu and scurried across the table. After trying to shake this off, I continued to browse the menu but was extremely upset when the same cockroach, or a friend of the previous one, again ran across our table. *SHUDDER*

Why didn't I leave at this point? I really wanted to but it was late, we were already there, and my boyfriend wanted to stay. Sighhhhhh....

We both ordered food, the service was bad, the appetizer came long after we were halfway through the mains, I had to ask three times for my drink order, and the food was just plain bad.

I had a salad which was lacking in both taste and variety of veggies and my partner had yakisoba which I am willing to bet a very large sum of money was simply a 0.15¢ package of Top Ramen.... flavor pack included!!!!!! with a few previously frozen veggies drowning in sauce added on top. He was more than disappointed.

Appetizer was not good and served with some neon green dipping sauce which was not wasabi flavored.

In general, I can say this about the restaurant. There were many people who seemed to be enjoying their evening. Most people were well-dressed and enjoying sushi with friends and/or family.

When you enter the restaurant, you are given a small card the size of a credit card which is used to tally your table's bill. At the end of the meal, the customer gives this card to the cashier who is located at the main entrance of the restaurant. Service is included in the bill.

After receiving this card and entering the restaurant, you may notice the pungent, fishy smell, which is always disconcerting to me when entering a sushi restaurant. However, many people seemed to be enjoying the sushi that admittedly did look good.

Lastly, this meal was the most expensive and the most dissatisfying in flavor, value, and service of our whole three-week trip. Everywhere else we dined was lovely, with attentive servers, good, if not simple food, and pleasant atmosphere. There are so many better places to dine in Foz do Iguaçu, don't risk an evening at this place.....

2  Thank HeatherSonya
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Visited as close to the hotel we stayed at.

The ambience was nice but that's as good as it got.

The waiters were totally incompetent - brought us the wrong drink several times and when our mains arrived had to ask for chop sticks to actually eat - basic stuff!

The sushi was fine but the noodles, for the price we paid were a disgrace - not freshly cooked but the pre cooked stuff that you make for yourself when it's the last thing in the cupboard at home. Really poor value for money.

Top tip - don't go here!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Very good asian food option. The restaurant is very cozy and the waiters are good. The places has mid to high prices, but are the portions are honest.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

The rationale to visit this was: close to hotel and apparently average recommendations despite they were just a few. So we arrived and got a table, but were not seated as there was no maitre or he/she was just busy helping clean the glasses as the rest of waiters. We could read and re-read the menu 3x and nobody came so we just left and the maitre (that was back) did not ask anything.

Before going there: I thought the few positive comments were a bit biased but based on my own experience now I can tell they are.

1  Thank Junsjc