All reviews sausage internet link juice sauce reception parking rooms
Reviewed 24 March 2018

First of all, I should have done this review last year, but, family health problems got on the way, unfortunately... Excellent hotel very well located, at the centre of Pocos de Caldas, I've been there on June 2017, with my husband and my family, who lives in Brazil, never stayed there before, now, everytime I'll be back to Pocos de Caldas_MG, I want to stay at the Minas Gerais Hotel, excellent hotel, very friendly staff, food, awwww, is to die forrrr, delicious... Excellent breakfast, extreme variety of breads, cakes, juices, yogurts and etc, lunch and dinner very good as well, lovely desserts, not like in some other Hotels in Pocos de Caldas, which only desserts are Doces de Minas (Minas Gerais desserts_all very sweet, like jams and toffees), they have these kind of desserts and more, like mousses, lovely variety...Very organized place, clean, comfortable and very cosy bedrooms... Beautiful outdoor pool and a small indoor pool, medium size gym, games room, children's playground and a beautiful bar(according to my "English one", lol), when I was there they were installing air conditioner in the rooms, so, I believe, now the rooms must all have air conditioner. Oh, and what can I say about the staff? The people from the kitchen, restaurant waiters, specially the waiter Anderson and the manager Mr. Sidney, all of them are very good and attentive to the customers, as I said before, I was travelling with my husband (from England), he loved the Hotel and want to come back and stay there too and my family, my father was using a wheelchair at the time, so, we had to rely on the Hotel staff to help us sometimes, that weren't their obligation, but, they kindly helped at all moments... They don't hesitate to go "the extra mile" for their customers. This Hotel, will always be in my heart, because, I could finally take my husband there to know the lovely Pocos and because, staying there, was the last travel I made with my beloved father... What a remarkable holiday at this remarkable hotel, I can't wait to come back asap...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

The hotel continues to maintain its quality in service. Strong point. This time we stayed the whole family (wife and niece) in a double apartment. Good bed, Good internet link, Excellent breakfast with 4 fruits, 2 juices, lots of variety of cakes and biscuits. And the traditional cheese bread. Omelette and sausage in the sauce. Dinner ten. It has parking. The leisure area the girls took advantage of: saauna, pool and had a chow the night for the senior tour that was in the hotel with music right from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Anyway while working during the day (someone has to work) the girls took advantage of the hotel and the pleasant city of Poços de Caldas / MG

Room Tip: Rooms on Pernambuco Street (front of hotel) tend to be noisy after 7 am.Choose rooms that overlook the pool .
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I stayed for the second time and the quality still good. Attentive staff from the reception, free self parking and the housekeeping staff of the apartments. Clean and comfortable. When choosing to see that the hotel has two types of double rooms one smaller and one larger. Stable internet link. Breakfast is the highlight point as it has varieties of various types of cakes, 4 types of fruit, yogurts, snacks, milk, coffee and scrambled eggs and sausages in the sauce. Very good in Minas Gerais style. Cost Benefit in the rate of lodging as it evaluates that the hotel is in Pernambuco street in the center near everything, two blocks from the thermal baths, public market 5 blocks, cable car 3 blocks, Municipal Park two blocks. Pool and soccer field, fitness room and children's space. The decor after the renovation was very cool I believe from the 40s to 50s. Cozy atmosphere. It is on the corner of Rua Minas Gerais and Pernambuco. If you go up the entire street Minas Gerais is already on the way to Morro do Cristo in the Sierra São Domingos and Fonte dos Amores sights and 4 blocks from the Restaurant Recanto da Tilápia .. but on this we will talk later. Very well located.

Room Tip: I prefer the upper floors of the back and facing the pool and the Serra de São Domingos due to the silence
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Very good localization, excellent food (ask for complete meal in you reservation), good rooms, very good cleaning service. Know they´re accepting reservations for one day sleep when you´re travelling for business but the best option is to spend there at least one weekend.

Room Tip: If you like silence, ask for rooms with a pool view and far from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

perfect location, a stone throw from the main square and some of the main spots. old building with therefore a kind of classic atmosphere. rooms are good and spacious, even with a babycot, like ours. staff are very friendly and helpful although some of them could smile a bit more. food is great, especially the breakfast and the enormous variety of desserts for lunch and dinner. we noticed that the hotel had few guests on the days that we stayed there (25 and 26 July), but nonetheless the buffets were huge. indoor pool excellent and clean. housekeeping professional. nice play room for all ages. my biggest critic would be that the rooms and corridors are very noisy because of the wooden floors and high ceilings. any door being shut or coin being dropped can wake you up. reception did not have ear plugs available. the bar didn't look tempting, maybe as it is not so cozy

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family