“Awesome food and amazing service!”

Mi Casa Mexican Grill
Ranked #18 of 399 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We had such an amazing lunch. Never had a bad meal. Service is superb. Had chicken and veggies. The salsas are so good. Tamarindo margaritas are a favorite, unique and the best. Plus Maria's flan and Tres leche cake are out of this world. If you love true authentic Mexican food and great service you must go here.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My husband & I travel to Oshkosh/Appleton annually and were disappointed to discover our favorite Mexican restaurant had closed. We searched via TripAdvisor and chose Mi Casa Mexican Grill based on a large percentage of excellent reviews. What a mistake that was! I asked the waitress what was good and she said everything, but didn't offer any suggestions. We each chose different items from the "choose 2 or 3" lunch menu. I ordered a burrito with pork and an empanada with shredded beef. My husband had shredded beef in a taco, chimichanga and enchilada. It took over 20 minutes for our food to arrive, even though the place wasn't busy, and our plates were barely warm. The red sauce on several items had an odd flavor. It wasn't cilantro. I asked and was told it was probably tomato! The beans were a thin watery paste that soaked our tortillas into a sloppy mess. The rice had peas and carrots in it like Chinese fried rice. The empanada was pasty and flavorless. All our items were boring and bland. The chips looked appealing but had little flavor. The green and red salsas were just OK. The side of guacamole I ordered came in a tiny cup that held about 2 tablespoons and had more tomato than avocado in it. To top it all off, my meal didn't stay in my stomach more than half an hour (if you know what I mean!). Avoid this place! You can get better at Taco Smell!

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank DrLVA
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We go out of our way from out of town to stop at this small family run restaurant. Take a minute and talk to the family, they'll be happy to explain the roots behind the food and family. Their specials are fantastic. Try something different and you won't be disappointed. Save some room for desert too!
We'll be back to adventure thru the menu and take some recommendations from the owners.

1  Thank AJINWI78
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Very good food with delightful service. Don't let the place fool you. It is does not have the look of a big restaurant, but the food is excellent.

1  Thank Bxj752
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We've been to lots of Mexican restaurants in the fox valley and this one has them all beat. Authentic food with great flavors. Not your typical Mexican restaurant food. The margaritas are top notch especially the tamarind house margarita. Yummy! The coconut flan was super delicious served with fresh strawberries. My husband who doesn't usually eat desserts loved it. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. The service was wonderful. The owners enjoy talking with their customers and it's apparent they take great pride in serving their family recipes.

1  Thank Carrie M