All reviews boutique hotel copper leaf platinum suite downtown appleton rye restaurant aveda bath products electric fireplace parking garage next door make up mirror mini bar jacuzzi tub the performing arts center starbucks coffee within walking distance first floor lawrence university downtown area
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were on our way to Door County and b/c of a late start and exhaustion from driving...we decided to stop here. I had done some research online and found a deal on priceline. It was already 10pm when we got there and when I spoke with the person at the desk (don't want to mention their name in case this could get the person in trouble... but this staff member was SUPER), they honored the price I found online. Obviously they weren't too busy!

This hotel has a prime location in downtown Appleton and isn't too far from the highway. I can't say Appleton is a major sightseeing city, but there were some bars/restaurants and a free trolley that gives you a trip around the damn and downtown (yes...so exciting, I know). They did have a framers market the next day which offered a great variety of products, including beautiful and reasonably priced flower bouquets and an abundance of deep fried food items...yup, no kidding.

The rooms are clean, modern, have Aveda products and comfy beds. The only bad thing...the bath towels. They feel horrible...like cheap bath rugs, which was a downer considering how great the quality of everything else was. This is definitely something that needs improvement. There is also free Wifi...should be a staple everywhere now, but its not.

They don't have a pool, but they do have a large hot tub and a spa (including a large array of service offerings for a hefty price, much like Chicago). The have a nice, small gym area, which we didn't get to use.

The free buffet breakfast was decent and included a variety of breakfast items like eggs, muffins, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea coffee, etc. I also loved the cookies they have in the afternoon/evening. YUMMMMMM!!!!

We would stay here again if in the area...very nice place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2010

Thank you for writing a review about the CopperLeaf! My staff and I are so pleased you located us online and found our hotel to be a great value.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our bath towels did not meet your expectations. We recently replaced the majority of our towels with new. I am sorry that some have "fallen through the cracks" and were not replaced in a timely matter. I will committ to getting this resolved.

I am please that you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel and enjoyed other ammenities such as the Aveda products, the comfort of the beds, complimentary WiFi, complimentary breakfast buffet, the on sight Spa and, above all, the afternoon cookies!! As you noted, our large selection of downtown restaurants and nightlife venues, within walking distance, are wonderful compliments to our hotel. The weekly Saturday morning farmer's market features over 100 booths selling the usual fruits, vegetables and flowers with the addition of crafts and yes, many food selections!

Thank you again for staying with us! My staff and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

This is a great small hotel. Even my regular room had a whirlpool, robe, corkscrew, free internet, reading chair with footstool, fancy make-up mirror, lots of pillows , free DVD's, etc.
Wonderful helpful, friendly staff and the best ever free breakfast in an UNCROWDED, comfortable setting. I wish I had a reason to return to Appleton so I could go back to the Copper Leaf. For $129 a night I was living in luxury!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BoHahn

I do remember our communications with each other Doctor. Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you as a return guest. Maybe when the next Pyrotechnics Guild Convention returns to Appleton and the Fox Cities. Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2010

After looking at various places in the Appleton area we decided to stay at the CopperLeaf, which turned out to be absolutely perfect! We wanted a nice hotel that was not going to be filled with lots of loud kids/party people, and this was definitely the place. From the moment we got to the hotel the staff made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We stayed in a Whirlpool Suite and it was the perfect size for us. When we walked in there was a nice little sitting area with a desk, TV, sofa, mini fridge, and a granite bar top with microwave. The bedroom area had a nice flat screen TV with DVD player, whirlpool, and huge comfortable bed. The bathroom had Aveda soaps/lotions and a nice walk-in granite shower. For dinner we went to The Black & Tan Grille (in the hotel). Our waitress there was very polite and the food couldn't have been more delicious! We would definitely go to the CopperLeaf again, it is pricier than what we usually pay for a hotel but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writning a review about the CopperLeaf! We are always working to exceed the expectations of our guests which is why your comments are so important to us. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed the many ammenities the CopperLeaf offers its guests. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the staff and acknowledging the wonderful dinner you had in the hotel's restaurant, the Black & Tan Grille. Should you ever have reason to return to Appleton, we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Brought a corporate group of 12 here in May -- everyone was very pleased with the rooms, service, food. Not a single complaint. Nice setup for breakfast in the lobby. We also had a group dinner in the Black & Tan. Excellent food and service. Most of all would like to point out the responsiveness of the hotel management. Everyone I encountered went above and beyond anytime we had a request, Jackie Kroll is an outstanding manager, everything gets done lightning fast and behind the scenes, she is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. All at the front desk will step up to take care of all requests, packages, taxis, maps for car rental drivers, bar service needed -- the housekeeping dept acts in tandem with the mgmt team (Camille especially), treating the guests as well as if you were in their own home. Kudos to hotel manager Dan Schetter who really knows his business! Thank you all very much and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2010

First let me say, that this hotel is literally less than one mile from our home. That being said, we went for a night of peace and relaxation. Copperleaf delivered. Big Time.

We stayed in a Platinum Suite. The hotel did an AMAZING job with the layout of the rooms, and have packed them with all the amenities you could imagine, and then some. The platinum suite included a jacuzzi tub, large shower, granite vanity, HUGE make-up mirror, Aveda toiletries, Fireplace (for looks only, no heat), large armoire, Ipod Dock, honor bar well stocked with plenty of mixers and alcohol (Bacardi, Tanqueray, Malibu, Johnnie Walker Red, Korbel, Red Wine), Coffee maker, 2 flat screen LCD TV's, Pull out sofa, writing desk and complimentary WiFi. Room Service was also available from the Black & Tan Restaurant which is located on the first floor.

We did not expect much from the complimentary breakfast, but were again, pleasantly surprised. They had 6 flavors of brewed coffee, equally as many flavors of Tazo bagged teas, skim and whole milk, fresh whole fruit and fresh cut fruit, variety of muffins and pastries, omelettes, hard boiled eggs, bagels, breads, french toast, juices, yogurts, hot and cold cereals. Certainly there was something for everyone.

One thing I really wanted to comment on was the soundproofing in this hotel. Most rooms have jacuzzi tubs, and we could not hear anyone elses running during our stay. We also stayed on a Friday night, and could not hear any street/traffic noise from The Ave despite being on the 2nd floor. There was also a very strong storm that blew through that night, and we could not hear the thunder or the strong winds. It was wonderful. Overall, we could not ask for anything more, and will return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple