“Great suite & customer service”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I contacted the property the day before my stay & requested a room on a high floor, as I knew street noise might be bad being in downtown. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted & directed to my room on the top (5th floor) away from the elevator.

The lobby was gorgeous, with detailed craftsman woodwork & light fixtures. It is apparent the property is newer, but has period details that were well executed. There is a bar & two large sitting areas as part of the lobby.

I had a silver king suite which featured a 2 person whirlpool and separate sitting room. The room was clean, with the exception of dust on the baseboards. The bathroom & bed were very clean, which to me is the most important thing. The bed was very comfortable with soft linens.

My only criticism is that the windows did not keep out street noise adequately. I heard people talking loudly on the street just before midnight. Otherwise, the hotel was quiet.

The location is great and parking is CHEAP. $1 to enter, $2 if it's after midnight. Unless you're going in and out multiple times, it is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2010

Thank you for writing a review about the Copperleaf! Our customers' feedback is essential in our effort to correct oversights, gain your loyalty and have the opportunity to welcome you back as a return customer!

My team and I are pleased that you, overall, were happy with your stay. Please accept my personal apologies for the dust noticed on the baseboards. This was an unfortuante oversight on the part of my housekeeping team and we will get this resolved. I am pleased the balance of the hotel cleanliness met your expectations. Additionally, I am sorry that some of the downtown activity became a distraction. This surely is not regular activity however, does occur on occassion. One small thing we have done to address those untimely occassions is the addition of "sound soothers" in our rooms. They are small radio units that offer various comforting sounds such as rainfall, ocean waves, bird sounds, etc. that many of our past guests have enjoyed. This might be something to consider using durning a future visit.

Thank you again for your kind words and for staying with us at the Copperleaf! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were on our way to Door County and b/c of a late start and exhaustion from driving...we decided to stop here. I had done some research online and found a deal on priceline. It was already 10pm when we got there and when I spoke with the person at the desk (don't want to mention their name in case this could get the person in trouble... but this staff member was SUPER), they honored the price I found online. Obviously they weren't too busy!

This hotel has a prime location in downtown Appleton and isn't too far from the highway. I can't say Appleton is a major sightseeing city, but there were some bars/restaurants and a free trolley that gives you a trip around the damn and downtown (yes...so exciting, I know). They did have a framers market the next day which offered a great variety of products, including beautiful and reasonably priced flower bouquets and an abundance of deep fried food items...yup, no kidding.

The rooms are clean, modern, have Aveda products and comfy beds. The only bad thing...the bath towels. They feel horrible...like cheap bath rugs, which was a downer considering how great the quality of everything else was. This is definitely something that needs improvement. There is also free Wifi...should be a staple everywhere now, but its not.

They don't have a pool, but they do have a large hot tub and a spa (including a large array of service offerings for a hefty price, much like Chicago). The have a nice, small gym area, which we didn't get to use.

The free buffet breakfast was decent and included a variety of breakfast items like eggs, muffins, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea coffee, etc. I also loved the cookies they have in the afternoon/evening. YUMMMMMM!!!!

We would stay here again if in the area...very nice place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review about the CopperLeaf! My staff and I are so pleased you located us online and found our hotel to be a great value.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our bath towels did not meet your expectations. We recently replaced the majority of our towels with new. I am sorry that some have "fallen through the cracks" and were not replaced in a timely matter. I will committ to getting this resolved.

I am please that you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel and enjoyed other ammenities such as the Aveda products, the comfort of the beds, complimentary WiFi, complimentary breakfast buffet, the on sight Spa and, above all, the afternoon cookies!! As you noted, our large selection of downtown restaurants and nightlife venues, within walking distance, are wonderful compliments to our hotel. The weekly Saturday morning farmer's market features over 100 booths selling the usual fruits, vegetables and flowers with the addition of crafts and yes, many food selections!

Thank you again for staying with us! My staff and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

This is a great small hotel. Even my regular room had a whirlpool, robe, corkscrew, free internet, reading chair with footstool, fancy make-up mirror, lots of pillows , free DVD's, etc.
Wonderful helpful, friendly staff and the best ever free breakfast in an UNCROWDED, comfortable setting. I wish I had a reason to return to Appleton so I could go back to the Copper Leaf. For $129 a night I was living in luxury!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BoHahn

I do remember our communications with each other Doctor. Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you as a return guest. Maybe when the next Pyrotechnics Guild Convention returns to Appleton and the Fox Cities. Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2010

After looking at various places in the Appleton area we decided to stay at the CopperLeaf, which turned out to be absolutely perfect! We wanted a nice hotel that was not going to be filled with lots of loud kids/party people, and this was definitely the place. From the moment we got to the hotel the staff made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We stayed in a Whirlpool Suite and it was the perfect size for us. When we walked in there was a nice little sitting area with a desk, TV, sofa, mini fridge, and a granite bar top with microwave. The bedroom area had a nice flat screen TV with DVD player, whirlpool, and huge comfortable bed. The bathroom had Aveda soaps/lotions and a nice walk-in granite shower. For dinner we went to The Black & Tan Grille (in the hotel). Our waitress there was very polite and the food couldn't have been more delicious! We would definitely go to the CopperLeaf again, it is pricier than what we usually pay for a hotel but it was well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writning a review about the CopperLeaf! We are always working to exceed the expectations of our guests which is why your comments are so important to us. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed the many ammenities the CopperLeaf offers its guests. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the staff and acknowledging the wonderful dinner you had in the hotel's restaurant, the Black & Tan Grille. Should you ever have reason to return to Appleton, we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Brought a corporate group of 12 here in May -- everyone was very pleased with the rooms, service, food. Not a single complaint. Nice setup for breakfast in the lobby. We also had a group dinner in the Black & Tan. Excellent food and service. Most of all would like to point out the responsiveness of the hotel management. Everyone I encountered went above and beyond anytime we had a request, Jackie Kroll is an outstanding manager, everything gets done lightning fast and behind the scenes, she is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. All at the front desk will step up to take care of all requests, packages, taxis, maps for car rental drivers, bar service needed -- the housekeeping dept acts in tandem with the mgmt team (Camille especially), treating the guests as well as if you were in their own home. Kudos to hotel manager Dan Schetter who really knows his business! Thank you all very much and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business