All reviews grand stay front desk fox river mall great hotel business center green bay nice breakfast waffles lobby area staff was friendly shopping and restaurants rooms are clean would definitely stay here again hot breakfast nice stay business trip hot tub
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night while in town for a conference. It's location was great - close to the freeway and other businesses. My room on the third floor was very quiet, with the exception of some noises coming from the pipes throughout my stay. My room was very large and clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was better than I expected, especially the scrambled eggs and sausage links. There were also hash brown rounds, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, muffins, bagels, and a variety of beverages. I would stay here again without hesitation!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Wow! What a nice surprise for a very reasonable price! Very clean and quiet, excellent hot breakfast, spacious room, and (for the ladies!) great bathroom lighting and delightful Bath & Body Works products. Fabulous perk: the saltwater pool and whirlpool. The pool was not large enough to swim laps, but definitely the right size for the kids to wear themselves out! The staff was extremely helpful. We drive a diesel pickup, and in the winter that means plugging in over night. Rather than give us the usual, "Look around outside and you should be able to find an outlet", the night desk clerk actually walked out with my husband to make sure the outlet was live and convenient for us. We stay in a lot of hotels over the course of a year, but I don't think we've ever found a property this nice for the price. We will definitely be returning if we travel back to Appleton!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank PastTracks
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Stayed at the hotel in December for a Christmas shopping trip. The price was right and it is close to the Fox River Mall, during the summer within walking distance. There are numerous restaurants close by and all sorts of stores outside of the mall. The hotel itself is nice and clean which is very important to us. The rooms are comfortable and large. We would definitely stay again when in the area as it is close to everything. Price and cleanliness you can't go wrong. Average breakfast but clean area and well stocked.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Truly enjoyed our stay at the GrandStay. Very clean hotel. Rooms were nice size and had all the amenities we needed. The staff is what made this trip great. They were very friendly and helpful with everything!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 January 2016

1st.I was very unhappy with the taxes they charge you in Appleton Wi 15% tax on my hotel stay that was outrageous. 2nd, the front desk clerk took it upon himself to close the pool for a suspected accident without fully investigating the incident, it took several hours for him to do so to find out it was dirt on a chair not even an issue with the pool or hot tub. 3rd, my wife attempted to make a cup of tea when the coffee machine in the room spit a gunk of mold into the coffee cup if she would have been making coffee instead of tea she would have drank it not even knowing the mold was there. 4, We were told to expect a chef to make a buffet style breakfast well there were over cooked sausage soggy hash browns and really dry bagged scrambled eggs not a buffet breakfast at all. I was really disappointed with our stay there as it was our christmas with our grandchildren and it ruined it!!!!!!

Room Tip: make sure the cleaning staff cleans the coffee pots in the rooms
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family